Mr 1%

AJ

Re: Mr 1% I actually saw an interesting thread a while ago (on another forum), where a guy bet only on events that had odds at 1.01 (or sometimes 1.02 on the exchanges). Everybody was telling him it would never work, but I thought it was interesting, because the bets he picked did seem like they could never ever go wrong. For example a handball match between, I think it was Denmark and Angola (not really important anyway), where it's not a question of who will win, but more a question of if it's going to be by more than 20 goals or not. It would be like putting Chealsea's best 11 against a non league team. If they played it 1000 times, Chelsea would win them all. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the thread again, to see how it was going. When I saw it he was only up to about 70 bets, that had all won.

Re: Mr 1% I've thought that, but the risk of a total bankroll loss is somewhere around 1 in 88 bets (assuming normal over round), I was wondering if it was possible with a more conservate staking plan, using perhaps 5 - 6 bets a day, average stake about 5% of bank. gut feel tells me it's impossible, but interested in other views. btw, start with a small bankroll, and project a cumlative 1% bankroll increase everyday, and very soon it's big money.

Re: Mr 1% Yeah, I'd seen that before, that was one of the things in my mind when I started this post. Although they made big claims at the start of the process, and when it went badly wrong, they seemed to have chucked it, and not updated since 19th Nov. what I wondering was, are they simply bad tipsters, or was there a fundamental flaw in their staking plan ??

Re: Mr 1% Fools - witha 1% edge you would need to be betting big moula on it to make it "worthwhile". This is where consistency comes in again, and this would dictate your staking strategy: Would you be betting big each week with the chance of a bad run of say 10 weeks or more (or less!)? You would have to be confident of that 1% edge! The smaller the edge the more sensitive your bank balance becomes to those random fluctuations.

Re: Mr 1%

I've thought that, but the risk of a total bankroll loss is somewhere around 1 in 88 bets (assuming normal over round), I was wondering if it was possible with a more conservate staking plan, using perhaps 5 - 6 bets a day, average stake about 5% of bank. gut feel tells me it's impossible, but interested in other views. btw, start with a small bankroll, and project a cumlative 1% bankroll increase everyday, and very soon it's big money.
The whole idea is that you have to pick games where the only reason the odds are 1.01 is because it's the lowest odd a bookmaker can give. The fair odd might be closer to say 1.0001. These opportunities exist.