Betfair PL Freeroll - Hand 4

GaF

plpokerhandanalysis4ph.jpg
Game #1102045864: Hold'em NL (10/20) - 2005/12/17 - 20:32:53 (BST) Table "Punters Lounge 1433392 - 2" Seat 5 is the button. Seat 1: heniek (1445 in chips) Seat 2: wpr1 (1460 in chips) Seat 3: pistnbust sits out Seat 4: rippy (1470 in chips) Seat 5: jmac (1520 in chips) Seat 6: Telepe (1565 in chips) Seat 7: SlyPort sits out Seat 8: lynn (1500 in chips) Seat 9: thenuts1 (1540 in chips) Seat 10: friskyfit (1530 in chips) Telepe: posts small blind 10 SlyPort: posts big blind 20 SlyPort: folds SlyPort sits back ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Telepe [2d 3c] lynn: raises to 60 thenuts1: folds friskyfit: folds heniek: calls 60 wpr1: folds pistnbust: folds pistnbust sits back rippy: folds jmac: folds Telepe: folds ----- FLOP ----- [Ts 3d Qd] lynn: bets 100 heniek: folds Returned uncalled bets 100 to lynn ----- SHOW DOWN ----- lynn: shows [Qh Ah] (A Pair of Queens, Ace high) lynn collects 150 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 150 Main pot 150 Rake 0 Board [Ts 3d Qd] Seat 1: heniek folded on the Flop Seat 2: wpr1 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: pistnbust folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: rippy folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: jmac (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: Telepe (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: SlyPort (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: lynn showed [Qh Ah] and won (150) with A Pair of Queens, Ace high Seat 9: thenuts1 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: friskyfit folded before Flop (didn't bet) ****HAND ENDS****
10 Seater - Piston and Port on sitout - 8 active players I'm on SB I am dealt 32o - nothing would persuade me to put money into the pot (except everyone folding to me and taking the blinds from the sitout) PreFlop Lynn (Rednutt) UTG with AQs raises to 3xBB (60) next 2 players fold Heniek calls Everyone else folds Flop Ts 3d Qd Lynn hits top pair, and first to act puts a nice bet in of 2/3 of the pot Heniek folds Lynn (rednutt) takes the pot down of 150 and shows her cards. Two nice bets from Rednutt here IMO. I wouldn't have shown my cards (but it's hard to criticise that in a friendly forum game)

Re: Betfair PL Freeroll - Hand 4

10 Seater - Piston and Port on sitout - 8 active players I'm on SB I am dealt 32o - nothing would persuade me to put money into the pot (except everyone folding to me and taking the blinds from the sitout)
GAF, there is probably one situation where you might think of putting money in the pot here, if there are several limpers (>3) and no raise. Couple of reasons I say this, first of all you're small blind, so with alot of limpers youll be getting very high pot odds on the money you're putting in, in a situation like that you can play cards like that from time to time, although don't get me wrong I wouldn't make a habit of doing it all the time :) Also you have a hand that if it hits big on the flop (Straight or trips) is very easily disguised and potentially can make a decent amount of money, but it is also very easy to get out of the hand even if you hit a pair (as would have happened in this hand). But you did the right thing in your situation, no chance you could see a raise pre flop.

Re: Betfair PL Freeroll - Hand 4 Point taken mcgin - and you are of course right!! I was effectively last to act in the hand, so knew there was no chance of anyone raising after me - if I'm honest, I'd have folded with 8 limpers in front of me !! :loon I know that's incorrect play, but I don't trust myself not to get involved if I see a little bit of the flop!!! I KNOW you are right though, and maybe that's the kind of play I need to start looking at in the evolution of my game!! At some point I'm going to have to start trusting myself to make some correct decisions at hard times. (Being a largely premium hand player, I manage to avoid most hard decisions!!). Cheers for the point :ok