Poker Room Team tournaments

brael

Just noticed an advert on the back page of this months Poker Player. Poker Room organise team tournaments and a team league. I haven't had much of an opportunity to read through the site yet but it looks like it could be good fun and PL I'm sure could put 2/3 teams together. I'd be interested in hearing what others think. Apologies if this has been mentioned on an earlier thread. :cheers

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Room Team tournaments It has been mentioned in an earlier thread :spank But I'd completely forgotten about it - cheers for the reminder ...... is there much interest out there? It looks expensive ($50 ?) when you look at it - but that fee is multiple tournaments amongst multiple players ..... so it isn't. Off the top of my head, they recommend squads of 10 (6 play each evening) - that means a fiver each player entry ......

Re: Poker Room Team tournaments Maybe we could get a list of people who interested. If there are more than 10 people we could have more than one team or a super-team based on the monthly PL results or even another monthly game - top ten play for the PL league for that month? I'm certainly up for it.:ok

Re: Poker Room Team tournaments Ive been asked to join another team.So anyway went to register and for some reason there software wouldnt believe I was from the UK, so had to register as if I was in the US, but still with the UK address, postcode everything etc Anyway I got in contact with the support and asked then to amnd which they said they could do if I sent a copy of my drivers liscence or passport !!! yeah right. SO not at all keen with depositing any cash with them, not comftable just gave me a bad perception of the whole set up. DOnt know if anybody else has had any similar experiences with them

Re: Poker Room Team tournaments Ok - plenty of interest out there - lets say the first 10 names down here who express an interest and we'll form a team and give it a go. We'll see how it goes and if there is the interest/it works, we can look at forming a second team..... I think we have to deposit into a common account over which just one person has control - once we have the team, I'd propose a poll on who should take that responsability. We should all get the same number of games (or within one if it doesn't work out exactly) I'm in :ok

Re: Poker Room Team tournaments

To start off with I'd say 1 tournament and see how it goes - think that's 5 games' date=' on consecutive nights (but only 6 of the 10 man squad have to make it each night!!!) - so each player would need to make 3 of them......[/quote'] I'd go with that... we could take it in turns to play or fix it for the nights when others can't play.

What days are the tourneys on? I'd be well up for it' date=' but can't really commit to weekend playing[/quote'] What I'll do is identify a tourney for us to target - so we'll know times and days - then give options to participate, in order, to posters in this thread. Assuming it's easy enough to bring people in and out of the team ..... I'd suggest that we do it on a first come first served basis - and then track performance, with bottom 2 or 3 dropping out to make way for top 2 or 3 on the waiting list - the "dropouts" can rejoin the waiting list ...... if there is enough interest, ultimately maybe we can have 2 teams with "promotion" and "relegation". Remember - there are 5 games and only 3 have to be made - so if you can't make 2 at the weekend, but can make the other 3, should be ok :ok I might go for a "slightly" obscure time for the first one - to try and avoid clashes with the multitude of comps running at the moment in the "prime time" slots (starting at 8pm - 9pm)

Durrr I think i'm alright without an explanation actually' date=' I have just read your post again. :$. I can definately make game 1 tommorow.[/quote'] What about 2 or 3? I think for the moment (until we understand it better) we need people who can commit to at least 2 of the games - last thing I want is to end up short of players on our first attempt....... If you're not sure - would rather take one of the reserves and bring you in for the next game.......