Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance!

GaF

Someone recently highlighted checknraisepoker.com (afrais I can't remember who - seem to think it was Sharpe!!) - anyway, I've had an email from them tonight ........ one of their offers.....

Every day at 6:30pm EST we run a $50 freeroll and follow that up at 9:30pm with a $1 + 1 rebuy tournament to which we add $50. We generally get about 25 participants in this one, and the prize pool reaches $125 on average. Not only do you get a great overlay but the top 100 leaders in these two tournaments combined play off for WSOP seats + expenses.
So, a daily freeroll at 11:30 pm GMT and a $1 tourney at 2:30 am (:loon) with $50 added running from November 19th till March 10th - with top 100 qualifying for 1 of 3 freerolls (top 25, next 25 and last 50) each for a WSOP seat. BUT they only attract about 25 per evening for the $1 game and 250 odd for the freeroll :loon Looking at the leaderboard so far, just $2.50 prize money gets you in to the WSOP freeroll (max 50 players!!) This looks almost too good to be true!! Full details here - http://www.checknraisepoker.com/promos/2005-11-15_FreewayToVegas.php - I'm going to give a few of these a go.

Re: Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance! This looks brilliant. It looks like this will be no.23(should be lucky for me;)). fenners, have a great time in Vegas, and congratulations on winning through to the WSOP. :clap :clap :clap May as well get that out of the way. :lol :lol :lol

Re: Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance! I played in the $1 + rebuy last night - word of warning - looks like 1 rebuy is compulsory!!! I didn't rebuy and I didn't add on, but have lost $2 in my account - I've emailed them to check and will let you know what they say ...... is that normal? (I generally avoid rebuys....so am not sure!!!)

Re: Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance! How many people entered? compared to number of places paid? Have next week off so I can afford some time to play the later evening tournaments so was thinking of looking at this one. Cheers

I played in the $1 + rebuy last night - word of warning - looks like 1 rebuy is compulsory!!! I didn't rebuy and I didn't add on, but have lost $2 in my account - I've emailed them to check and will let you know what they say ...... is that normal? (I generally avoid rebuys....so am not sure!!!)

Re: Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance! There were 4 tables - about 35 I think. Was quite slow and there were few go out for ages - final prize pool was about $130. I think I'm going to stick to the freeroll one for the moment......

Re: Want a WSOP seat? Looks like EVERY chance!

I played in the $1 + rebuy last night - word of warning - looks like 1 rebuy is compulsory!!! I didn't rebuy and I didn't add on, but have lost $2 in my account - I've emailed them to check and will let you know what they say ...... is that normal? (I generally avoid rebuys....so am not sure!!!)
Ok - after communication with their help - turns out the tournament is $1 + $1 - yes they charge a $1 admin fee!!!!!! Ok it is more than negated by the $50 they add to the prize pool - but a $1 admin fee on a $1 buy in - are they bonkers???? Hope that this isn't their usual fee structure!!! Need to watch them I think!!!!