Back Lay Decision making in running

Hi guys! I've been an avid reader for a week or so now but tonight thought I should contribute. My first post is a request for advise from you lads so here goes! Let's say you have placed a bet on Chelsea to win at home and after 15 mins they score to go 1-0 up. You're pretty sure they'll go on to win but are a little worried they might let a late equaliser. You are however pretty sure they won't go on to lose. This kinda situation has often happened to me and when I go to the exchange to hedge my bet i seem to cock it up a bit! See usually I would just go and lay chelsea in this situation, guaranteeing an equal profit (arb cruncher!!) no matter what the result is. Now I would like to change my approach so that rather than an equal profit accross the board, I would rather a still healthy profit if chelsea win, a break even if its a draw and a slight loss if the other team win (somehow!!). Should I just back the draw and the outsider win? How would I know which stakes would be needed to come out with a healthy but safe profit for a chelsea win.. Thanks lads! Your help will be v much appreciated... SS

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.