Inside Edge £1000 Victor Chandler Freeroll

GaF

Re: Inside Edge £1000 Victor Chandler Freeroll First of all, well played legend and Jamie.:ok Secondly thank you to everyone who was watching tonight; TQM:ok Brael:ok Rippy:ok Legend:ok Meatman:ok and Pocket Lady11_7_1.gif Lastly thank you for all the congratulations.:notworthy I know these posts are a bit gushy, but I appreciate you lot being there, so thank very much.:ok

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Edge £1000 Victor Chandler Freeroll Nice one, Valiant. :ok Any idea whether you just have your name/photo up for Inside Edge? There you go. The agony (I'll have my photo up as a loser in the next Poker Player mag) and the ecstasy (Valiant winning one of Inside Edge's freerolls) of poker in December. Hardly seems fair! :lol :spank

Re: Inside Edge £1000 Victor Chandler Freeroll

Nice one' date=' Valiant. :ok Any idea whether you just have your name/photo up for [i']Inside Edge? There you go. The agony (I'll have my photo up as a loser in the next Poker Player mag) and the ecstasy (Valiant winning one of Inside Edge's freerolls) of poker in December. Hardly seems fair! :lol :spank
I'm about to send a thank you to Inside Edge. This is what it says; Dear Sir, Last night I had the the pleasure of participating in the Inside Edge/VC freeroll. It was an extremely tough tournament to play in, and on several occasions I was nearly out very early on. I managed to survive to a about 19th or 20th, and was becoming resigned to putting this down as 'another lesson learnt', when I managed to not only survive, but (I think) either double-through or better. From that point onwards I never really looked back and had some good luck and good cards. I had a larger than average stack by the time we were in the bubble position, and thanks to some very well timed plays by players who were hanging on (including on 1 occasion when I tried to bully someone when I had AKo and got called by 34s who won) I was expecting to get dragged back into the pack, when I took out the 10th player. A bitter-sweet moment if the truth be known. Once on the final table against some very good players I was extremely nervous to begin with, and resolved to fold myself out of the tournament if necessary (before last night my biggest money win was $84). Fortunately however the poker gods decided I should be dealt a lot of good cards, and so not only managed to survive, but add to my stack so that by the last 3 I was very much in the driving seat. I managed to relax at this point, because had I gone out I could be more than pleased with my performance, and being 'cheered on' by my online friends from PuntersLounge betting forum certainly helped me maintain my focus. The other two players were very good, but I felt that having such a large chip lead I could play them however I wanted, and I did, with a mixture of straight play, semi-bluffing and downright chip-bullying. Once I was heads-up I just stayed with my 'dominant' strategy, and hoped to provoke my opponent into making a mistake. It took quite a while before he had to make a move, and when he did I was lucky enough to win. This is easily the biggest win I have ever had in my four months of playing online poker, and would like to congratulate all players who participated for the high standard of play, and take this opportunity to thank all responsible at Inside Edge and VC poker for this terrific tourney. It has made my Christmas and been a very bright silver lining around the cloud that was 2005. I realise I have 'gone on' a bit, but its your own fault I'm so grateful. So thanks, Happy New Year, and goodbye. Andy (Raider23pl) PS. I suppose it would be trying it on to ask if you'd like me to represent IE at the up and coming Aussie Millions in January, wouldn't it?