recording Betfair prices: what and why ?

If it was possible to record Betfair prices what would you record and why ? I'm going to start recording prices and putting them into a database so i can compare Betfair prices with SP. And a few other applications spring to mind. At the moment i'm not doing live prices, just recording for reference afterwards. What info would you like to have available ? e.g. early prices, average prices, price at OFF, price patterns (drifters, steamers ) At what time frequency ? e.g. every 5 min, every 10 sec, this can of course be different for different purposes More importantly: what would you like to do with this info ? Go on, have a brainstorm.

Re: recording Betfair prices: what and why ? I'll kick off, From info at various places i believe there is a good chance that laying odds-on favourites can be profitable. Providing you can lay at a price low enough. So i'll be looking for the lay price of odds-on favourites to see if straight laying of all of them can be profitable. Will most likely need to look close to the OFF and prices may changes quite quickly so 10 seconds interval should do the trick to get a good picture. Another area i've been wondering about is laying the place market. Can't find too much info about it on the net so will be looking to add prices to my database. Purpose to simply find backing or laying strategies on the place market only. Due to low volume in an early stage again i'll need to look close to the OFF but 30 sec intervals should be sufficient to get a good picture.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.