MCM Millions

guesswest

Not sure if anyone's following this, but Paul Jackson, ie Actionjack on Lads/TY_Muppet on Prima, has made the final table of 6, with play starting at 5pm - a result like that a long time coming for him! Phil Ivey is chipleader with 40% of chips in play, and was playing 1k/2k Omaha H/L on full tilt for hours last night, presumably to unwind :rollin

Re: MCM Millions Phil Ivey was the warm favourite pre-tourney. He was as low as 14/1 with some stingy bookies whilst some gave a fairly generous 28/1. Dammit! Time to crank up the time machine! :lol EDIT: Monte Carlo 'Full Tilt' $1million Invitational/Monaco Million Dollar Classic on Thursday night! LIVE!! on Sky Sports 3! And there'll be betting in-running from Paddy Power too! Odds from Paddy Power: Phil Ivey 9/2 Chris Ferguson 5/1 Phil Helmuth 5/1 John Juanda 5/1 Mike Matusow 5/1 Gus Hansen 5/1 Dave Ulliot 11/2 ....that's a hell of a table but I suspect some way, somehow one of the Full Tilt fellas WILL win this (well a 4 outta 7 chance, you gotta like them odds). 4 from Full Tilt, 2 from Ultimatebet and 1 from Pokerchamps?! Superficially you would favour Phil Ivey simply from his latest success (I'd question the quality of his opposition ~ they're undoubtedly good to have made the final table but frankly the chip count was well against them ~ as well as the fact that this time around all Phil had to do was defend his chip stack and not play catch-up) and I'll chance £20 on him at those best available 9/2 odds just to keep me interested. Any one of them can win it (apart from the Devilfish! :lol). If there's betting on first knocked out (I can't see it on Ladbrokes, Stan James, Bet365 or Paddy Power), I'd go for Gus Hansen slightly ahead of Mike Matusow and Dave Ulliott.

Re: MCM Millions Well I watched that and I wasn't impressed at all. If I didn't know any better the TV producers forced the dealer to deal out playable hands/players to go all in. Putting $120,000 as an entry fee for a tourney like that certainly doesn't equate to any kind of EV. ....conveniently the tourney was finished seven or eight minutes shy of the scheduled four hours (the length of time it was supposed to last for US viewers). I know now why some of you were complaining about, about Poker Million - The Masters III final....the pace was rushed as were the blinds and everybody was 'forced' to gamble. 'Game show poker' as Roy Brindley called it. Some stupid calls by Chris Ferguson (calling Phil Ivey's all-in with A2 against A7) and Gus Hansen (calling John Juanda's all-in with Q8 in the big blind to John's all-in call from the small blind with KQ). Devilfish was hopelessly outmatched when it was him against Ferguson, Ivey and Juanda (not that I'm suggesting anything untowards happened but the A2 call was loose although you could suggest that it wasn't as Chris did call Phil Hellmuth's all-in with A5s earlier). I lost £40 in-running over at Stan James betting £20 that Chris Ferguson would be first eliminated and £20 that Gus Hansen would be second eliminated. I suppose I can't complain being £50 up on the night but Lordy, I should have just stuck all my money on Phil Ivey regardless (lucky, lucky, lucky. He and Juanda waited and waited and they got their reward finishing first and second. Ivey getting KK and A8 heads-up is lucky, lucky, lucky. Even more so considering he got an Ace-to-5 straight on the river to win it against Juanda's pair of 4s when John was holding T4!). ....crying shame that the bookies kind of gave up interest half-an-hour or so after Matusow and Hellmuth were eliminated.