Sporting Odds

danno375

I have been playing Sporting odds for ages now and done well on tourneys and short handed games. THEN........ Suddenly I couldn't hit a hand. When I had a playable hand ( aa kk qq aq etc) i was called with low hands ( dog sh1t ) and beaten by unbelievable flops. THEN..... I started being disconnected when in a good strong position... THEN....... Remembering that I don't claim to be a world beater at poker, but I can play and have proven this with various wins, I lost EVERY game with bad beats every game. I wrote in my profile that " this site is fixed" and it continued. Getting desperately low on fundage I changed it to "this site is not fixed!!" and things got a little better! THEN...... the bad beats came back... played 4 tournaments and lost with a full house, straight or flush in every one! I am just glad that it is not only me that has difficulties trusting the RNG used at Sporting odds. I thought that it was fixed in peoples favour, simply against me but came to the conclusion that it is to create action in hands. That way disgruntled punters lose, crash out and immediately register again to win back their money....after all a good poker player should make his/her cash back. So the rake is increased. Totally cynical? Maybe but it has happened enough to make me wonder. Nice to hear everyone else has similar problems with SO though...... Maybe I am not going mental! Danno375

Re: Sporting Odds Hi Danno - :welcome to PL You will see a lot of threads on here about SO at the moment - mainly about connection problems and non english chat/collusion. This is the first message I can recall questioning their RNG though. Personally, I do trust their (and the other major sites) RNG - you see in the chat on every site, complaints about RNG's and "this site is fixed" - I however do believe that they are generally genuine in this regard. It is normal to have variance in "luck", and it is normal to have winning streaks and losing streaks. Unfortunaltely this is the nature of poker!! Good players will have more "winning streaks" and bad players will have more "losing streaks", but everyone will have winning and losing streaks. Stick to what you know. Stick to correct and intelligent play, and it will turn round.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.