Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge

legendkiller

Some of more obsrvant of you might have noticed there are loads of non-uk players in the peoples tournament on SO: How to qualify a_line.gif There are 4 seats up for grabs. To qualify you must win one of our freerolls at 6.30pm on the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th November. Please note that this event is only for UK residents. but...

1. Entrants must be residents of the UK or Ireland. If the winner does not reside in the UK then the place will be given to the next highest finishing UK or Irish resident.

Re: Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge Had the same situation a few months back with the Ultimate Poker / Channel 5 Tournament - lots of non UK players (mostly Americans), none of whom could qualify for the play-off finals but were happy to just to stop UK players getting through. They weren't risking anything with speculative all-ins 'cos couldn't win anyway. Was just someting else for the US to invade ! Hopefully a few of the non UK players will stay away from the next 3 if they realise (or are told) tonight that they cannot win.

Re: Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge Might actually be a plus as much as a negative. As it stands, with only first place worth winning, it could make for a bigger target on the final table etc. Plus 90% of the continental Europeans on SO seem to be utterly shite at poker for some reason, so may make for some nice dead money.

Re: Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge Unfortunately the poker gods don't care about the quality. They are only interested in their subjects worshipping at the altar. The poker gods have every right to give Gonzo a straight or a flush with their suited 23. One of the best things about poker is also one of the worst. and so endeth the lesson. :lol

Re: Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge 119th My 600 bet raised all-in by non UK player and I took a chance with my AQos to be beaten by his 37suited (2 pair). Still annoyed when called his all in next hand with Q6suited and beaten by A high. He does now know he can't win but whether it will stop him entering next time I don't know.

Re: Non UK players in the Peoples Poker Challenge Whilst I'm annoyed at the amount of 'non-eligible' players you can hardly blame them for ignoring 'gossip' - which is all the table chat is really. I am uncomfortable with all the 'non-UK' talk. Although I know it isn't xenophobic there are too many PLers from outside the UK for me not to feel this way, I'm sorry. You know I'm not a bleeding heart PC type, but I'll be using the term 'non-eligible' for this tourney. at the table it's slightly different as the time for typing is very different.