SO Problems & **Poker Sunday 6th November**

GaF

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** I missed all this as i have been having a shit weekend of poker and couldn't be bothered with the tournament................. resulting in an early exitfrown2.gif , but it is ridiculous that blatant collusion like this could happen......................... Its the only network that i have noticed that doesn't seem to regulate the chat that goes on. Most other site monitor chat, but since players don't have to use english in the chat on sporting odds ( there is alway chat in other languages so i'm assuming they don't have to use englishunsure.gif ), i suppose its not practical to monitor it unsure.gif ......................... Does anyone know if the site keeps a record of chat etc?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November**

See the extract from the rules I posted above ...
Didn't read that far down embarassed.gif Ok well thats just taking the piss then, because there is chat in other languages all the time on sporting odds............................. there is not even a pretence at enforcing it. On other networks i have seen people being warned by hosts, but i've never seen it happen on sporting odds,...................... and i've played there a lot recently

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** I've just spent 25 minutes on the phone to Sporting Odds. The guy I spoke to was quite sympathetic (as he should be in that job), and has received all of your e-mails. I know this because a lot of the details I was providing were from what was posted last night. He also found it funny that one of the few English phrases spoken last night was "suck my dick":lol. Which it was, just not last night.

• He assured me that this matter will be taken seriously, but the complaint must follow proper channels. In other words we kick him, he kicks poker support and they have to answer.
  • I did mention how popular SO Poker is/was with this forum, which he knows about thanks to GaF?'s link.
  • I also said that this cannot possibly be taken lightly as it could jeopardise the future of Sporting Odds Poker as a creditable poker site in the UK.
  • I suggested that perhaps poker support need to be more pro-active in not allowing this type of behaviour. That is 1-Non english conversations, 2-Collusion, 3-Multiple registrations.
  • The multiple registrations ALL from SzeckszArd.
  • Rather worryingly he said they couldn't prevent people from using MSN whilst using their poker software, though.

He suggested that I wait for 24hrs before any follow up calls, to allow them to investigate fully. I'll do that, but I can't stop anyone else from registering their disgust........

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** I just got a reply to my email saying that esso1 has been confirmed as winner, and has been informed of this, and

We do take instances of this nature extremely seriously and our Poker Room Fraud and security teams have been informed and are studying the tournament now. They will respond to the account holders individually but the chat privileges have already been removed.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** Hmmm ..... nice one Valiant ....... I had the following reply to my email (which I'm not overly impressed with) - it seems to confirm they are looking at the specific incident, without giving any hints of what is being done to tackle the overall (and growing) problem.

We can confirm that any non-UK and Irish customers finishing positions are automatically disregarded in these instances and the placings promoted accordingly. We do take instances of this nature extremely seriously and our Poker Room Fraud and security teams have been informed and are studying the tournament now. They will respond to the account holders individually but the chat privileges have already been removed. We also thank you for your vigilance in reporting this.
So what do we do? Send them an email every time we see non English Chat? That would be every table we sit at!!! As you say as well - it's a concern if they make no effort to track instant message conversations - other Poker sites, at least claim, to do so. I also know (from experience, but not exploitation) that at SO, there is no effort to restrict machines from the same IP address being at the same table (I know this would not be popular with Mr and Mrs V - but I'm sorry, I believe it is a necessary restriction) - I've been able to sit at a cash table, with two machines from the same network, set up next to one another - that cannot be right!!! The overall "feel" I am getting from this is that Sporting Odds take the security, integrity and "fair play" on their site less seriously than other Poker sites. And I don't know if this is down to Sporting Odds, or (more likely) Boss Media, the provider of their rooms.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** As regards the IP address issue, the ONLY site where an effective restriction works is on Betfair. Mrs V and I were at the same table during that Scandinavian tourney, and one of us were forced to sitout. We would be disappointed if we were not both allowed to play at the same time obviously, but if thats the price we have to pay for multi-regging to be stopped then so be it. I personally believe it is a Boss media problem, but if it says Sporting Odds 'on the door', then they have to carry the can. Sporting Odds Poker are at the very least aware of the 'togetherness'/friendship of the various PLers, and the greivances we all share, so perhaps a short statement outlining the collective complaints with a petition-like list of names threatening a boycott/closure of accounts may be a way of exerting a collective (therefore stronger) influence, rather than a few indignant, but different e-mails.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November**

Sporting Odds Poker are at the very least aware of the 'togetherness'/friendship of the various PLers' date=' and the greivances we all share, so perhaps a short statement outlining the collective complaints with a petition-like list of names threatening a boycott/closure of accounts may be a way of exerting a collective (therefore stronger) influence, rather than a few indignant, but different e-mails.[/quote'] Great idea, you have my signature. I reckon collectively we're a big enough group of paying members that it might carry some weight. Btw I just got a response also, guess they're just pasting the same empty blurb to everyone: Dear Alastair, These accounts are currently suspended whilst they are checked for collusion. Regardless of whether their accounts can be re-opened their chat facility has been removed. Please do report any instances of where you feel there is chat abuse and we shall work to remedy the situation. Kind regards, Ben Walton Poker Room Manager SportingOdds.com

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** I've got 3 pretty crap responses from them, with this one being the most helpful..... Dear Gary, Thank you for the email regarding your poker account. We can confirm that the matter has been dealt with accordingly. At this time we thank you for the email and we can assure that the integrity of the poker room is our highest priority and that the matter at hand has now been investigated thoroughly. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards, Craig Poker Response Team That makes me feel so much better....... :eyes They'll be getting another one from me very shortly!! Nothing at all to me directly from Sportingodds though.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** I just got a response to my response, which was worse than the ones have had before. Useless!! And still nothing at all from Sportingodds, which is starting to piss me off. I won't be using them until they can be arsed to give their customer an explaination.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** Yes - problem is Gaz - I do like their promotions and I do like the standard of play on their site (i.e. muppets!!) - however the problem of "cheating" has got out of control - they DO seem to be taking it seriously, and the do SEEM to be acting - question is if it will be sustained and if it will have an impact .......

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** Their reaction does seem to be a good one, although thats probably not actually Sportingodds doing. I sent it to 3 different Sportingodds addresses, so maybe they have left it to each other? I've sent them another, but if they can't be arsed to keep a customer happy then I won't give them any more of my money.

Re: **Poker Sunday 6th November** Dear Sir, Thank you for contacting SportingOdds. I can confirm that all of your emails have been forwarded to our poker response team. I can assure you action is being taken against the guilty parties and a number of players involved in the tournament the other night have now been banned. I apologise if not all of your emails have been responded to, but the response team is very busy trying to crack down on the players you have mentioned previously as well as answering emails about other on site problems. A large number of the team have been allocated to investigate the case of 'Non English Chat' and rest assured we hope to have the majority remedied very soon. Any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again. Kind regards, Harry Customer Care Team Sportingodds.com Email:[email protected] Telephone: 08000 727 727 (9am - 8pm BST Monday to Sunday) International: +44 207 553 4164