PokerTracker

GaF

I took the plunge and purchased PokerTracker today, having been impressed with what I saw during the free 1000 hand trial. So I am currently testing and evolving my play on Nordic bet $0.05/$0.10 to see if I can profit from it. Not going very well so far - it's recorded 259 hands that I've played, for a net loss of $22.49 :sad But what I'm really interested in first of all, is how it classifies my play, against how I want to play (TAG) ...... well, it gives one of 13 icons based on the multitude of stats - and it's given me an "Eagle". WTF? This is the definition of an Eagle I found on the Web...... The Eagle<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The eagle is a character that most of us will never reach or even play against. The eagle represents the pinnacle of the poker world. He or she has studied the game for years and is now in the upper ranks of the poker world. Hellmuth considers an eagle to be one of the top 100 players in the world. If you reach this status, the rest of us will be watching as you take down pots on one of the several televised poker events!

I think this software may not be quite as good as I thought (or maybe it needs more hands to judge me properly on!!!)

Re: PokerTracker

Bloody hell GaF' date=' imagine what it'll be saying about you when it sees you turn a profit! :P[/quote'] That's the strange thing - all the fish it's identified are showing large profits - in fact the biggest profit I've seen has been identified as a fish ....... I'm using the default "rules" - looks like they'll need some tweaking!!! No danger of finding out what it'll say about me if I turn a profit!!! :sad

Re: PokerTracker Well my $22 loss was from playing a single table - so thought I'd try 4 tables and see if I could lose it 4 times as fast - and my $22 loss is now a $16 profit :loon The secret for me really does seem to be patience - and playing 4 tables, gives me 4 times as much patience!! I think I just get bored on one table ...... anyway - I'm no longer an eagle/turkey - I'm a sack of money!!! Thought I'd share a screen pic with you as well!!!! :lol :lol :lol screen8dc.jpg

Re: PokerTracker

Well my $22 loss was from playing a single table - so thought I'd try 4 tables and see if I could lose it 4 times as fast - and my $22 loss is now a $16 profit loon.gif The secret for me really does seem to be patience - and playing 4 tables, gives me 4 times as much patience!! I think I just get bored on one table ...... anyway - I'm no longer an eagle/turkey - I'm a sack of money!!! Thought I'd share a screen pic with you as well!!!! laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif
I've started playing 4 tables as well. I used to just play 1 cash game, and maybe a tournament, but for the last month or so i have played 4 cash games at the same time ( or 3 plus a tournament) Its been going well and has certainly improved my play. bigokay.gif This week i have recorded my biggest profit ever from playing poker banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif Basically like you found, if i'm playing only one table i can get distracted and bored if i'm continually folding hands. I'm patient and disiplined enough that i don't start playing starting hands i wouldn't normally, but it does become harder to stay focused on the game ......................... playing starting hands out of position, then having to fold to a raise made by someone else is something i can become guilty of ...............and it drains your chips awayfrown2.gif Playing 4 tables you don't have too long to wait until you get a playable hand, you have no need to compromise on what starting hands you choose to play and you generally get kept pretty busy bigokay.gif The important thing for people to remember is to play at a level that fits their bankroll (as you do) ........................... don't have more money in play than you can afford to lose in one session. That doesn't mean you'd be happy if you lost it, but playing cash games you have to be prepared to risk losing it all if you want to make a profit. (nasty people will bully you into folding with big bets if you are notlaugh4.gif ) I remember Jez used to talk about pokertracker, you'll have to let me know how you get on with it bigokay.gif