NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 2.06 @ Edmonton Oilers (regular time) @ Betfair. Edmonton has rested couple of days while Dallas played over time match last nite against Calgary. Goalie Turco won't start this game and there might be some let down effect seen on this game. (second tourgame). Edmonton has started well (3/4 wins) and I believe them to win this game over 50%

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10

Watch out for goalie news mate - Conklin is just terrible and lost them the last match.
Not sure what to belive: ("That was a bad goal from a bad angle," MacTavish said. "I know Ty would like to have that one back, but he played very well. He made a few five-star saves, but they got a break or two around the net.") But anyway I read from preview that Markkanen will play today, not Conklin. I consider him a fair goalie too. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/hockey/stars/stories/101405dnspostarspreview.1c7e76d2.html

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 YTD 7-4-0, +7.22, 48.13 % Pittsburgh (ML) to bt PHILLY @ 2.66 - 2 PTS *Pinnacle* Well, the Pens are far from fulfilling the preseason expectations, but so are the Flyers. The Pens are THE ONLY team in the league without a win - which I guess means double motivation for tonight's clash. They are 0-4 so far. One can also argue at least two or three of their opponents were pretty good teams. Philly are not much better. With the record of 1-2, they are sitting @ the very bottom of Atlantic Divvy, just below Pittsburgh. Unlike, Philly (each of the losses by two goals), Pittsburgh were edged out only in OT three times already (which is why they "amassed" more points than Philly. Pittsburgh are 4-2 ATS against Philly and 2-1 ATS @ Philly over last three seasons. This doesn't mean much as apparently they were playing against the +1/2 puck spread as Philly are 2-1-3 straight up overall and 1-1-1 straight up @ home over the same period of time. So we are looking at a match of two overrated underachiever, moreover evenly match as the H2H record shows (and it includes three really terrible seasons of the terrible team the Pens' were before financial changes in the league. No way the Pens should be such long odds against underdogs. Play of the day.wink2.gif

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 Not absolutely sure about this, but I heard that Niittymäki will be Phillys starting goalie tonight against Pens. Esche hasn't been very good lately (part of Phillys poor results) and I think Niittymäki might perform better. I'm actually starting to think betting Philly, but their odd is just too low, ml 1,55. So I ended up to bet X @ odd 5.1 at betfair. (21%) Some other goalie news: Also Aebischer (Colorado) will start on bench.

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 Hi guys Back again with a few more Qs. What the hell are PPs and SHTs. For tonight with my basic understanding and amazing failure rate if I post a selection Anaheim to beat Columbus. A have faced what appear to be stronger opponents (exception of Chicago where they won 5-3 in regular time) and in the games they have lost they have taken 1 to OT and lost by 1 in regular time to a team that are 4-0. Personally will bet a cover on the regular time draw for a 50% return on stake with a regular time win. if there are any glaring stats that point to this being a really stupid bet please feel free to crucify me at lesuire but do point out the probs. Good luck to all tonight Tulenos Great tipping last nite M8 F1 forgot this one Along the same lines of better results against comparable teams I fancy Toronto to just beat Atlanta in a close game. Dont know if I would put money on that one but could split for a return on the draw and win with the odds avaliable

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10

Hi guys Back again with a few more Qs. What the hell are PPs and SHTs.
My knowledge of Ice Hockey isn't the greatest but PPs are powerplays. That's when 1 team has a player sent to the penalty box. For the length of the penalty their opponents have a powerplay as they have more men on the ice than the team who have had the penalty. I'm not sure what the T is of SHT but I think it is Short Handed something which would be when you have a guy in the penalty box and so have less players on the ice than your opponents. It's usually referred to more when a goal is scored short-handed, a stat the Americans like is short-handed goals. Presumably as they come around less frequently than any other form of goal. I think that's right but I'm sure one of the Ice Hockey wizards will be able to confirm.

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 PP is power play as said before, but the opposite is usually called penalty killing. They are expressed as percentages. Powerplay and penalty killing has been in very important role this season, cause there has been very much penalties due to changed rules. I'm not sure about SHT (have to see what are the numbers behind that stat) but I think they might mean shots. Shots (and shots on goal) are counted very carefully at hockey. It's quite useful stat to know which team has been more dominating. My apologies about wrong info yesterday about Edmontons goalie. Conklin started anyway (despite what Dallasnews previewed). Have to be more careful from now on what it comes to preview info. That was quite crucial info, cause Conklin didn't play well (2 goals from 7 shots) and he was replaced after that to Markkanen, who saved 17/18. That was enogh for Dalals to win game 2-3. (Edmonton won the shots on goal 36-25.)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Fri 14/10 Thanks guys Well 2 / 2 in regular time last night but couldnt have been more wrong about Toronto being a close game. 9 - 1 - anyone see that one coming. Tulenos Unlucky with Pits. Only game to go into OT and a loss by one goal F1