Win a thoroughbread colt

GaF

Laddies are going to be giving away a racehorse through poker .... no details yet on how it will be won, but I imagine it will be of special interest to a lot of you here. Ladbrokes Poker players to own top racehourse laddies_poker_horse.jpg Winning poker hands could also win horse hands as Ladbrokes Poker offers the community the unique chance to compete to win 100% of the shares in a thoroughbred colt. Players more used to mucking hands could be mucking out stables and visiting the owners enclosure after Ladbrokes' crack team of bloodstock experts bought the thoroughbred yearling, named 'Laddies Poker' at September's prestigious Goff Orby Million sales in Ireland for €110,000. (Lot 324). Laddies Poker is being trained to run under Ladbrokes Poker's white silks with red diamonds in the 2006 Flat season, with sights set on the 2006 Goffs Million two year old race to be held at the Curragh next September, with €1,000,000 prize-money to the winner. The colt will be trained at Newmarket by Jeremy Noseda, whose successes include Group 1 winners at Royal Ascot and the Breeder's Cup. Regular updates on his training and progress will be posted on ladbrokespoker.com. Training and vet's fees will be covered by Ladbrokes Poker. The beautiful impeccably bred grey is a son of Stravinsky, a top class sprinter trained by Aidan O'Brien and winner of the Group 1 July Cup. In turn Stravinsky is classically bred by Nureyev (Northern Dancer) out of Fire The Groom (Blushing Groom). The dam is Woodman out of Princess Rooney. Princess Rooney was US Champion Mare in 1984, winning 17 times including the Kentucky Oaks and Breeders Cup Distaff, earning $1.4m in prize money. Albert Tapper, Ladbrokes Poker spokesperson said: "Buying a thoroughbred racehorse is a bit of horse play to reward Ladbrokes Poker players. They will own it 100% and share in any winnings, without the costs of training. This is a limited offer though - after a year Laddies Poker will be sold and the proceeds split amongst the shareholders, even if he's winter favourite for the 2,000 Guineas!" Look out for starter's orders and more details as to how you can win a share of this horse by playing at Ladbrokes Poker. Full terms and conditions and more details will be circulated in due course. Click here to view breeding. Laddies Poker update by Jeremy Noseda Jermey_Nosada.jpg Firstly, may I start by saying how delighted I am to have this opportunity to train this colt on your behalf. What attracted us to him at the Goffs Million Sale was his size and substance. He struck me as an individual with plenty of scope for physical improvement and looks as if he will fill out into a strong individual. There was much to like about the way he walked, as well – he appears to be athletic. I was also very happy with him from a pedigree point of view in that he’s by Stravinsky, a stallion with whom I’ve had a lot of a luck with, including Balmont, a Group 1 and Group 2 winner as a two-year-old. Another Stravinsky colt with whom we’ve had some success is Soldiers Tale who is a Group 3 winner and capable of winning at an even higher level. Assessing the pedigree from the dam’s side, Lady In Waiting was a stakes’ calibre filly and has already produced three winners from her five foals on the ground. One of her progeny was a full sister by Stravinsky who won as a two-year-old and was placed in Listed company in the same campaign. Granted the slice of luck you always need in racing, I feel we should have a two-year-old who will be ready to run in July over six furlongs. That will give us two-and-a-half months to get a couple of wins under her belt before having a tilt at the Goffs Million Race at the end of September. Laddies Poker is currently at Hare Park stud in Newmarket where I break in all my yearlings. This procedure will take approximately six weeks to complete and then after that, he will head to my Shalfleet yard here on the Bury Road. I look forward to updating you with his progress in the very near future. Best wishes Jeremy Back to top