NPC Rugby - Big Bet

AJ

From the NZ Hearld this morning.

Gambler puts $50,000 on Otago NPC win 05.10.05 6.00am A gutsy gambler has wagered $50,000 on Otago to beat Waikato in their NPC rugby match in Hamilton this Saturday. TAB rugby bookmaker Mark Stafford said at odds of $1.60, the confident punter stood to make $30,000 if Otago could inflict Waikato's sixth consecutive loss. And the prospect of having $30,000 of the TAB's money riding on Waikato had Stafford very nervous. "Having Waikato playing for us this weekend does not instil us with any confidence," he said. "Otago seemed to have hit their straps and Waikato look awful, or have done in the last few weeks." As a result of the Otago wager, the TAB has been forced to lower the odds on an Otago victory to $1.55 and inflate the odds on Waikato from $2.25 to $2.35.
Now I don't know much about NPC Rugby, but this is major cash, and this bloke is unlikely to be a mug punter, this is currently trading between 1.55 & 1.50 on betfair. I can only assume he's either very well informed, or has a bit of inside knowledge. Either way I'll be following him on this

Re: NPC Rugby - Big Bet

From the NZ Hearld this morning. Now I don't know much about NPC Rugby, but this is major cash, and this bloke is unlikely to be a mug punter, this is currently trading between 1.55 & 1.50 on betfair. I can only assume he's either very well informed, or has a bit of inside knowledge. Either way I'll be following him on this
FT: Waikato 25-13 Otago :unsure That guy who bet 50k must be :wall :wall :wall :puke :puke :puke