Help!

footy_bets

hey guys, im relatively knew to the betting world! im a great footy lover and get more of a thrill to have money on matches, although i feel like im the unluckiest gambler in the world! so far i have lost over £300 and gained winnings of just £50! i wondered if anyone could give me any ideas of how to go about start winning bets? i dont like betting more than £40 in one go! so far i have just been taking tips off the forum and they aren't getting me very far! thanks if anyone can help.

Re: Help!

hey guys, im relatively knew to the betting world! im a great footy lover and get more of a thrill to have money on matches, although i feel like im the unluckiest gambler in the world! so far i have lost over £300 and gained winnings of just £50! i wondered if anyone could give me any ideas of how to go about start winning bets? i dont like betting more than £40 in one go! so far i have just been taking tips off the forum and they aren't getting me very far! thanks if anyone can help.
1st things first - if you're relatively new to the betting world - play with very small amounts or nothing at all (just do the bets on paper) Personally, I would start with single bets (i.e. one bet at a time) and focus on one sport or (preferably) just one league (for example, the English Premier League) until you are confident and are winning your small/paper bets. Each of us that puts our thoughts and feelings onto the forum are doing just that - we aren't making concrete predictions. Its a vast help to have an idea of what you want to bet on first, THEN look at the forum to see if others are thinking the same way or arguing different points. Keep posting your ideas/questions and see what people say - it's likely that we'll all give you different information quite often, so you'll need to develop your gamblers gut-instinct!!! Sport will continually throw out scenarios like Grimsby 1-0 Spurs, Liverpool winning the Euro Champions League, Souness having a job - trying to pre-guess them is the beauty of gambling!

Re: Help! Hi Footy, Think you need to look a bit more closely at what you are betting on, and also how much you are putting on and why???? Have you tried just betting on singles only? Have you thought about only betting on what you can afford to lose? Have you thought about backing other peoples´opinions up with your own? This forum has some of the best advices and information that you will find anywhere, without exception, but they can´t do it all for you otherwise all the members would be rich:loon If you want to be told what to bet on then join a tipping service. You will probably make money with some of them advertised through the links here, albeit not as much by the time you take into account your registration fees and premium line expenses. Alternatively follow one of Danny Cash´s systems! Trouble is He makes a profit and runs:rollin

Re: Help! My "breakthrough" came when I stumbled across the site www.football-data.co.uk a few years back, which linked me to various betting sites, some of which have very good articles about betting strategy (look at the Betting Links drop-down list on the left). Whatever you want to get out of gambling, there's a lot of sense talked in many of these sites. What has helped me more than anything is understanding odds - how they are set, what they represent, the over-round, favourite-longshot bias, value, etc. etc. I had to find out why I was losing money before I could turn it round (in theory :lol; at least now I know the real reason I'm losing money). Anyway, good luck :ok

Re: Help! I will second that recommendation for Football-data.co.uk, the most useful site (on par with this one!) I have come across. Pay Joe the amazingly low price of £10 and adopt a more methodical and disciplined approach to your betting decisions. Its the best advice I can give you.

Re: Help! Few advices from me. ;) 1. Determine bankroll or betting budget at first place - $50, $100, $500, whatever, but not more than you can afford. 2. Determine your max bet - my max bet is 10/10 units and it is equal to 5% of my bankroll. It can be also $5, $10, $100 or whtever you can afford. 3. Single bets only! 4. Don't follow other punters' advices blindly - try to find your bets yourself, and try to find at least 1 good reaosn why you should bet on that match. Cheers

Re: Help!

Few advices from me. ;) 4. Don't follow other punters' advices blindly - try to find your bets yourself, and try to find at least 1 good reaosn why you should bet on that match. Cheers
Only thing that I can add to this discussion may muddy the waters, but I try to find reasons not to bet on a match, because thats what you do with losing bets anyway, "wtf was I doing thinking of betting on England against NI", as an example. You then go through why it lost (sometimes anyway). Last weel in the L1 thread a lot of talk was Doncaster v Scunthorpe-I tried to put people off following Scunny. I also tried to put people off Swansea away to Hartlepool....