"Popular October" MTT Tournament

GaF

plpokermttleague0ko.jpg The turnout for the September MTT tournament has been a little disappointing, compared to previous months. So October will see an attempted return to popularity. Whilst the "mission" previously has been variability to try and give everyone a chance, the "mission" in October is popularity. So the venue, timing, cost (or lack of) and all other details will be decided by a poll. An "Olympic Vote" style poll. That is, the winner will be the selection that gets over 50% of the vote. If no selection gets over 50% of the vote, then the lowest selection will be eliminated and a new vote will take place. This will be repeated until a selection gets over 50% of the vote. Should a spectacular offer from a site come to light during this process, then I may choose to add it to the vote, even though it hasn't passed through earlier rounds. Dates/times you may want to avoid: 2/10/05 8pm Betfred $50k final 11/10/05 8pm PL Poker League Game 8 30/10/05 4pm $10k Sporting Odds Pay Day 30/10/05 8pm PL Poker League Game 9 So nominations are open - please propose a specific tournament at specific sites at specific times on specific days at a specific cost - i.e. I want you to be Specific :lol What would REALLY tempt you to play in October? Option 1 Tuesday 19:15 6-pack on Betfair (and others) £5+0.50 (Proposed by Philossify)

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament

I will stay out of this vote simply because I wont be able to play in them all due to working shifts. I will just try and play if i'm available.
Feel free to propose a tourney on rotating days (that happens to fit in with your shifts) if you want ..... don't know how much notice you have on your shifts..... There are literally no restrictions on this - times/dates/cost etc - it will be the "popular" choice.......

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament Sorry I haven't participated in any of this months MTTs. It's for a few reasons really (e.g. the time wasnt ideal, I havent been around anyway for one or two of the games, and after reading on here about the problems withdrawing money from golden palace I didn't particularly want to play there). I'm back at uni in October anyway and for the first couple weeks at least I probably won't be able to play much (what with all the drinking i'll have to be doing wink2.gif) so like staffordrangersfan i'll stay out of the vote for times and dates etc. With regards to where the games are to be played, I quite liked the £2 betfair tourneys, and the fact they are every 30 mins or something means that finding a time which suits most people shouldn't be too hard. I do have a couple issues with Betfair poker generally though, although that could just be me being paranoid. That's something I might bring up in a new topic at some point soon, but i'll mention it briefly here. It's basically that SO MANY TIMES on Betfair, when two (or more) people are all in pre-flop, the underdog seems to get a miracle river card (eg A4 vs KK, with a 3 on the river making an A2345 straight, or 99 vs QQ and a Q on the river etc). Like I said it could be me being paranoid, but i've never really noticed it elsewhere...

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament I believe the betfair £2 tournies are also available on littlewoods and (I think) william hills and maybe some others. They all (I think) share the same server. So from an availabilty perspective they are ideal, I can generally arrange my life to play any evening any day but specific tournie that I'd put up as candidate is: Tuesday 19:15 6-pack on Betfair (and others) £5+0.50 Typically gets aound 200 entrants - not too cheap but not expensive - finishes in time for a trip to the pub. If tuesdays not on for some reason then (I think) its on every night at same time - for me other (cheaper) alternative would be the 19:00 or 19:30 £2+0.25 tournies. p.s I think GPWC is not being paranoid :D - I think they are out to get him. My paranoid fantasy is that they look at whatever I throw in and arrange that the flop, turn or river cards are just what would have made my hand if I had have stayed in. Of course when I stay in then the crads are crap :loon .

p.s I think GPWC is not being paranoid :D - I think they are out to get him. My paranoid fantasy is that they look at whatever I throw in and arrange that the flop' date=' turn or river cards are just what would have made my hand if I had have stayed in. Of course when I stay in then the crads are crap :loon .[/quote'] :rollin

• 2 weeks later...

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament Well we had one nomination - thank you Philossify - however I'm afraid it has lost. Hopefully you've all see the exceptional value offered at Sporting Odds in their "Dollar Up" tournaments - so I've taken the executive decision of making this the October MTT Tourney. Philossify's proposal will, as it stands at the moment, be the leading contender for the November tourney. So the tournaments in October will be every Monday at 8pm GMT/9PM BST/10PM CET. I know that this is late for Europeans, sorry, but Value like this is too big to ignore. For those of you who have missed the thread, the tourney costs $1+$0, and so far every one has had less than 100 entrants. Sporting Odds then add $500 to the prize fund.

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament Nice! Totally agree, I've looked around, but the choice is mind boggling (not good for me at the moment either :rollin). My only drawback is the lack of Neteller facility, so I'll have to up my game in the safety net to win my stake I think. :clap Good choice though.

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament Mr V - any of these options work for you? If you wish to change your debit/credit card details, or if you wish to deposit funds by cheque, bank transfer or Western Union then please contact the helpdesk on[email protected] or telephone 08000 727 727 (or +44 207 553 4164 if calling from overseas).

GAF, Isn't the 8.00 Sporting Odds Dollar Up Tourney on a Monday? Think the Wednesday tourney is in the afternoon???
Er.....yeah.....:o Just testing, glad you spotted the deliberate mistake.......cheers So the October MTT tourney will be on Mondays. If they run one as well on 31st October (not currently listed), then there will be 5 rounds, otherwise it will be 4........

Mr V - any of these options work for you? If you wish to change your debit/credit card details, or if you wish to deposit funds by cheque, bank transfer or Western Union then please contact the helpdesk on[email protected] or telephone 08000 727 727 (or +44 207 553 4164 if calling from overseas).
Doh! Don't I feel silly.:wall Ooh, aah, ouch ooh my head, oh dear, it's this headache......:lol:lol:lol Got to use it while I got it.;)

Re: "Popular October" MTT Tournament Mondays at 8:00p.m sounds good to me . Tuesday and Wednesday clash with Champions league so are not so good Will wait a bit before downloading Sportingodds ,and see people's comments incase they decide a certain nation or part of Europe can't join in:unsure Cheers

So' date=' will I receive my wooden spoon before my football, I wonder.[/quote'] I can put it in the post today in anticipation if you like? ;) In fact, if your going to take part regularly, then I might try and save on the postage and send some in batch :lol wooden_spoon_homepicture.jpg Fingers crossed for Monday - though I presume you're not hopeful - if you did it by cheque, it certainly won't clear by Monday, and if it's a bank transfer, then that takes between 3 and 5 working days usually...... :sad