NFL Week 17 - Predictions

harry_rag

The final two weeks of the season tends to throw up some strange results as teams turn their attention to the playoffs

Jets @ Browns

The Jets (6-9) season is already over, whilst the Browns (10-5) are still fighting in the AFC North. A win would give them a place in the playoffs. The Browns at home are 7-1 so I would be surprised to see the Jets victorious.

Lions @ Cowboys

Both these teams will be in the playoffs. Cowboys are 7-0 at home and will flourish against a Lions defence which allows the opposition to score plenty.

Cardinals @ Eagles

Eagles (11-4) have the Cowboys on their tales in the NFC East so will be playing to win. A 6-1 home record gives further confidence in the Eagles. The Cardinals are 3-12 and only have pride to play for.

Falcons @ Bears

Whilst mathematically both these teams could reach the play-offs, their chances will be extinguished should they lose this game. The Falcons (7-8) who love the physical running game will not be at a disadvantage in the Windy city.

Panthers @ Jags

The Jags (8-7) are in a three way tie for the AFC South, so they win be looking for a win against a lowly Panthers team (2-13). The Lawrence injury is a worry.

Rams @ Giants

The Giants (5-10) season is over and should lose to improve their draft pick. For the Rams (8-7) this is a must win game. The Rams offence is on fire scoring 125 points in their last four matches.

Raiders @ Colts

The Colts (8-7) are in a three way tie for the AFC South, so they win be looking for a home victory. The Raiders have played so well to get their record to (7-8) have only a very slim chance of making the playoffs. The Raiders away form is not as good as their home form 2-5 on the road.

Dolphins @ Ravens

Ravens will get the number one seed with a win against the Dolphins. The Dolphins are already sure of being in the playoffs and will be keen to get their injured offensive players fit for the end of season playoffs.

Patriots @ Bills

Bills (9-6) will make the playoffs with a victory. The Patriots (4-11) will be happy to lose and improve their draft position. After years of being beaten by their divisional rivals, the Bills will want to destroy the Pats.

Saints @ Buccaneers

The Buccs (8-7) lead the NFC South with the Saints close behind (7-8). This is a must win game for both teams.

49Ers @ Washington

49Ers were the first team to qualify for the playoffs and their focus will be on the end of season games. The Commanders (4-11) are out of the playoff picture so will take a respectable loss.

Titans @ Texans

The Texans (8-7) are in a three way tie for the AFC South, so they win be looking for a home victory. The Titans are bottom of the division (5-10) and cannot make the playoffs.

Steelers @ Seahawks

Both of these teams are 8-7 and both will want to win this.

Bengals @ Chiefs

The Chiefs (9-6) will win the AFC West. For the 8-7 Bengals this is a must win game.

Chargers @ Broncos

The Broncos (7-8) are still in the playoff picture so a win is important. The Chargers (5-10) will be playing for pride and their new coach.

Packers @ Vikings

This is a must win game for both (7-8) teams

Week 16 Results

So close. Week 16 started with a real bang with the Rams coasting to a nether in doubt victory 30-22. The Raiders did not need the +10 points defeating the Chiefs outright. Two wins.

My other three teams all succumbed to late comebacks.

Jets (-3 points) led 27-7 at half time but in the end won by only two points.

Eagles (-12 points) led 20-3 at half time won by eight 33-25.

Cowboys (moneyline) led 20-19 until the final kick of the game which gave Miami a 22-20 win.

Picks 5 Won 2 Drew 0 Lost 3, Staked 30 points, Returned Nil points for a loss of 30.00 points.

ATS 2023 record

Picks 80 = W40 D5 L35 – staked 480.00 points – returned 890.54 points resulting in a 2023 seasonal profit of +410.54 points – Happy to finish the season in profit.

1. Eagles to win ATS -12.0 points @ 10/11 – Eagles win 33-25 = LOST

Flu in the Eagles camp last week meant the Eagles have now lost their last three games against the 49Ers, Cowboys and Seattle. Playing against a poor New York Giants team will allow the Eagles to put plenty of points on the board. 33 points should have been enough to have beaten this spread.

2. Dallas to win Moneyline @ 10/11 – Last kick of the game gives Miami the victory 22-20 = LOST

Last week I thought the Cowboys would be competitive with the Bills and wrote “The Cowboys rank first in the NFL in scoring. They are also yielding the fourth-fewest points in the NFL and beating their opponents by an average of more than two touchdowns. A win for Dallas is needed as they and the Eagles fight for first place in the NFC East”.

This still applies and with injuries to Miami’s offense I think Dallas can make up for last week’s poor performance. Miami struggled to score relying on 5 field goals.

3. Raiders to win ATS +10.0 points @ 10/11 – No spread needed Raiders win 20-14 = WON

The Chiefs have not looked “the super bowl” champions for much of this season. Their wide receivers are off the pace. They only beat the Patriots last week by 10 and the Raiders are much better than the Patriots and are still trying to win matches. The Raiders confidence will be high following last week’s win. It was.

4. Jets to win ATS -3.0 points @ 10/11 – Jets win by 2 (30-28) = LOST

Last week I took the Raiders to win following a shut out the previous week. They won scoring 63 points.

A similar bet is available this week. The Jets could not score against a top five Miami defence, but they will score against a Washington defence ranked last in the NFL. They scored 30, however the Commanders got 28.

5. Rams to win ATS -4.0 points @ 10/11 - THURSDAY NIGHT – Easy win 30-22 = WON

The Rams offence is hot with Cooper Kupp receiving and Kyren Williams rushing giving Matthew Stafford plenty of options. The Saints recently beat the Giants and Panthers however prior to this their defence looked leaky allowing the Lions 33, the Falcons 24 and the Vikings 27 points. In a shoot-out I will take Stafford over Carr. Saints let in 30.

Good win last night. Didn't want to be too greedy and go for Ford, although 888 do offer moneyback, but happy with win. Also releases a free bet, so got a few to use.

Would love a Dolphins win, but think Ravens will murder them. Flowers and Edwards for td I feel/fear. Just see how it affects the price and see if I go for 1st or any td.

Will see what other 2/3 games I go for .

Screenshot_20231229_072208_888sport.jpg

Acca beat in 1st game by Pollard, should have went Montgomery (free bet if Taylor, hurts, Allen and white score tds)

Anyways, free bet used on td acca

Allen, etienne, nucua and white

Have went various bets (mainly free bets) on

Ravens

Epic on

Br win flowers 1st td, tucker 3 ep

Br win, Edwards 1st td , 40 pts total

888 mb br win, achane and Jackson any, br 15 pts, md 13pts

Beckham on special opening up free bet on 1st td, ladbrokes offer

Eagles

Eagles win -4.5 hurts, 1st td, brown any

Eagles win -5.5, reverse of above

49ers

Aiyuk free bet 1st td

49ers -5.5, 49ers 3td+, 49ers 25 pts, mccaffrey 1st td and Samuel any

Chiefs

Pacheco 1st td, kc win, kc 17 pts

Chiefs win, kelce 1st td

Edited by fd1972uk

Stupid bet on Ravens, should have went with one of my 1st td options,  not sure why I'm sticking with Jackson tbh as he's dried up with tds and actually playing as a qb now. Funny thing is I fancied 3 of the td scorers too, lol.

What makes it worse is dolphins got absolutely owned.

15 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Stupid bet on Ravens, should have went with one of my 1st td options,  not sure why I'm sticking with Jackson tbh as he's dried up with tds and actually playing as a qb now. Funny thing is I fancied 3 of the td scorers too, lol.

What makes it worse is dolphins got absolutely owned.

I can't believe the Cardinals won away at the Philadelphia Eagles. Bonkers result lol.

Pretty much break even for me with Achane and Etienne scoring. Hat trick for Williams but Barkley let the BB down. I think that means the year ends with me still up for the season but down for the calendar year so hopefully have a better post season this time around. Happy New Year to my fellow gridiron grafters!

13 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

I can't believe the Cardinals won away at the Philadelphia Eagles. Bonkers result lol.

Yeah some result,  losing that lead.

Looking at the last week it's probably going to be hard to judge who will win as a lot has been decided and teams will be rotated, as what happened to Dolphins with major injuries will play in their mind, McDaniels is a total idiot for keeping those players on at that score, chubbs season ended, Howard god knows, even knocks for hill and tua. Stupid coaching.

Have did the acca bet on 888, and added on top of some footy teams, Tampa and Eagles who I'm sure still have something to play for.

One bet up in kc game and free bet to come.

Tbh I'm annoyed at not going for Ravens in my main bets now for outright. Maybe use my 888 fb on them, main ones I had were 49ers and Eagles.