** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Spreadman's double sell system....at last.

spreadman

I've been threatening to unleash this system on the unsuspecting PL'ers for some time, and, with a few adjustments, it's ready to roll. It is a spreadbetting system, but before your eyeballs roll back into your head, and you switch off, it can be adapted for fixed odds betting. I'll outline the basic system(s) below, any questions drop me a PM or post it here on this new thread. The tips/bets/trades will be posted on the systems and strategy forum, in a separate thread, imaginatively called 'Spreadman's Double Sell System - Today's tips',(took me a long time to think that one up), as and when they occur. O.K., time to roll it out....and after a big build up, it is quite a simple, easy to follow(?), system, or, more accurately, 'strategy'. For anyone unfamiliar with spread betting, it really is worth making the effort to look at how it works by going to the Sporting Index home page at www.sportingindex.com, and reading their easy to follow guide. Setting up an account is simple, and there are some excellent financial incentives at the moment. You could start with a £50 trading bank, placing minimum bets, or 'trades' on the total goals market to start with. No more stalling, here we are, I've decided to use two 'systems', the first, System 'A', trades on all televised matches, featuring English league teams, generally on Sky TV, but you don't need to subscribe to Sky to run the system, and the second, System 'B', (marvel at my stunning logic), trades on TV matches selected from System 'A', that meet certain criteria. The reason for this is to see whether, over a period of time, selective trading is more profitable than simply trading the system on every televised match, indiscriminately. So, basically, System 'A' is a strategy, System 'B' is a ....system. THE DOUBLE SELL SYSTEM 'A' Quite simply, trades in all televised matches in the English divisions, including the Conference, but not U21's, U19's, U17's etc. and Ladies matches. I am currently paper testing a system for televised Scottish matches. The trade is in total goals and shirt numbers. O.k., total goals is self explanatory, shirt numbers is the total of the shirt number values of all goal scorers in a match. It can vary from zero in a 0-0 match, up to 100 or more in a 6-0 goalfest. You can 'sell' or 'buy' total goals or shirt numbers, which means you want a low total, (the total is called the 'make up'), if you sell, or a high total make up if you choose to 'buy'. Systems 'A' and 'B' are always SELLS. We always sell total goals and sell total shirt numbers. As I have said, this is more of a strategy than a system. I have paper tested this strategy, last season, from December to May, a total of 158 televised matches, and recorded a profit, hoping to continue this through to the present season. THE SYSTEMS IN ACTION..... Before each match the spread company will offer a 'spread'. This is two figures, such as 2.4-2.7 in the case of total goals, and 34-37 inthe shirts numbers market. The first number, '2.4' is the sell price, the'2.7' is the buy price. If we sell at 2.4 and the finals core is 0-0, we win 2.4 times our stake per point. However, if the final score is 3-1, we lose 1.6 times our stake per point, ( total goals scored=4, less 2.4, is 1.6). The same is applied to shirt numbers. So you can see that low scoring matches are profitable, high scores can mean a loss. I'll explain more about System 'B', later, but the kick off of the first match I intend to trade, Norwich v Plymouth, is approaching, and I need to post the bet, in this forum, under the 'Spreadman's Double Sell System - Today's tips' thread. I am sure that you'll have many questions and comments to make, just post them here and I'll answer them. ;) Back again, results of first system match have been posted on the 'Spreadman's Double Sell System - Today's tips' thread, and I am editing this post to add a few comments about the staking plan I will use. I have started with a one unit per point per trade stake, and this will only change after a losing, (unprofitable), match. After each or any loss the unit stake per point will increase by one point, until a profitable match, whereupon it will return to one unit per point for the next match. Should the next match be unprofitable, the stake will again increase by one point for each further losing match, until a win, when it will revert back down to the minimum stake of one point. (I have found that this boosts profit considerably, the longest losing run, (LLR), being four matches, which required stakes of £25 per goal and £6 per shirt number for the final winning trade that ended the losing run.) For total goal trades this means a progressive staking plan starting at £5 and increasing, when required, by £5 increments, i.e. £5, £10, £15 per goal, etc. For shirt number trades, the increment is £1, i.e. £1, £2, £3, etc. per point. Fortunately the first system match won, so the points for staking remain at the minimum for the next match.