Sneaky bastards

laidbackbloke

when i opened an everton poker account to try the season ticket tournament i thought i'd take advantage of the £50 free cash offer. happily playing away on the cash tables the last few days i'd racked up quite a lot of raked hands and thought i should have played at least 500 raked hands, but the full $100 bonus amount was still pending :unsure then i decided to look at the terms and conditions again To celebrate the launch of Everton Poker we are giving away £50 to every customer who opens a poker account. All you have to do is play 500 raked hands and the £50 will automatically be credited to your account as follows: £12.50 after 100 raked hands £12.50 after 500 raked hands £12.50 after 750 raked hands £12.50 after 1000 raked hands

Terms and Conditions
  1. The advertised £50 promotion will be paid in USD at a rate of 2 to 1.
  2. Only hands played on real money cash game tables where a rake of at least $0.25 has been taken qualify as raked hands. You must also have contributed to the pot in order for it to count as one of your raked hands.
  3. This promotion is for new players only. Players with existing poker accounts are not eligible.
  4. Only one £50 bonus per customer.
  5. You must play the 1000 raked hands within 100 days of opening your account to be eligible for the bonus.
  6. In the event of dispute, the decision of the management will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
  7. Everton Poker is the sole arbiter of this promotion.
  8. Everton Poker reserves the right to cancel, suspend or alter the promotion at any time without prior warning.

In case you missed it the real sneaky bastard bit is in section 2 "You must also have contributed to the pot in order for it to count as one of your raked hands." So basically unlike any other site where you just have to be dealt cards in a hand that has a rake of at least $0.25 for it to count as a raked hand ................ In this site you have to have put money in the pot :eek That means you could effectively have played in 1000's of raked hands and still not have amassed 500 where you contributed to a pot that had a rake of over $0.25 :@ I'm well pissed off:@ :@

Re: Sneaky bastards Just been reading the laddies smallprint - and it's the same - in their words "A raked hand is a hand in which you have contributed to the pot and the house has taken at least 25 cents in commission (known as the rake)."

Re: Sneaky bastards

Just been reading the laddies smallprint - and it's the same - in their words "A raked hand is a hand in which you have contributed to the pot and the house has taken at least 25 cents in commission (known as the rake)."
No it isn't, to claim the bonus in Laddies you have to stake the total value of your initial poker chip purchase, $400+$100 bonus = $500 in bets. Extreme easy to do even at low limits.