£10,000 or I'll walk thread....

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Is there a Mrs Frisky ?? Could you imagine telling her you have 5k on Blackburn to beat West Brom on a monday night (just for example....) Wouldn't go down well in my house, that's for sure. I'd say nothing till it was over, and then only if I won. I'd get bollocked for putting the bet on EVEN IF IT WON!!! "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING etc etc etc ...." !!!! "WHAT IF THEY'D LOST etc etc etc ....." !!!! That's the trouble with women, they see the amount you've just risked as a new washing machine/outfit.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) The moment of truth!!!! When I first started this thread it was as it said, in the hope of making £10,000 from £10 with the system I am using. However it is important that I dont leave it open to massive potential loss either. Going into Day 4 I will have only one selection standing - £86.98, so it will take 6 winning bets in a row from one selection to achieve its goal. As I cannot see this happening, I've decided to cut my losses here and effectivly take a £13.02 loss on the first attempt rather than seeing the Thread go down £100 after chasing an improbable goal. Yes, this may leave me open to ridicule, etc but at the end of the day, this is something which everybody who enjoys a bet should know - WHEN TO STOP!! My sole aim in this thread is to make a profit and chasing lost causes WILL NOT achieve that. Gentlemen.......Load your weapons but Attempt 1 has resulted in a £13.02 LOSS andI will begin attempt 2 later today topping up my original bank. Im intending to continue this thread until the end of the season and I feel this is the right plan of action in this scenario.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Since your intention was to make some money. And you have known from the beginning, that you could risk loosing 100£ i think personnaly i would have taken 1 more bet.. To either loss 100£ or make around 60£ profit, and then stop... But fully respect you.. And you are problably right in this one. So dont you even think of playing one more. ;) Good luck with next run... (maybe spread it over more days. So you dont need to find a lot of games from "small"days..)

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) TRIAL - Second Attempt A Few adjustment will be seen in this second attempt. Firstly, all returns will now be minus commission as I find the best price are mainly on Betfair. Secondly, at the end of each Day, the Stakes will be rounded off and any excesses will be withdrawn for the purpose of future banks i.e if I have 5 bets left after Day 1, the proposed stake for day 2 will be £20 each. if my bank is £115 then the excess £15 will be withdrawn and so on....... SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - Day 1 1. Derry city v Longford over 2.5...........................£10 @ 2.22 2. Thun v Malmo...................................................£10 @ 2.14 3. Portsmouth v Aston Villa ...................................£10 @ 2.86 4. Blackpool v Hull................................................£10 @ 2.4 5. Birmingham v Boro over 2.5.............................£10 @ 2.38 6. Millwall v Bristol R (+0 and +0.5 A.H ).................£10 @ 2.3 7. Sheff Utd v Boston over 2.5..............................£10 @ 1.72 8. Wrexham v Doncaster........................................£10 @ 2.62 9. MKD v Norwich over 2.5.....................................£10 @ 1.95 10. Gretna v Dumfermline over 2.5.........................£10 @ 1.76

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets)

Good luck with next run... (maybe spread it over more days. So you dont need to find a lot of games from "small"days..)
I generally find that days with a big number of games will usually be my starting days and success is dependant on those days. If there is a day where there are not enough opportunities to cover the number of stakes and lines left, then there will be NO BET. Unfortunately most Bookies inc Betfair are pricing up everything now and these opportunities are there laugh4.giflaugh4.gif Cheers for the input Cains bigokay.gif and definately I think I made the right decision to take the loss and get on with it..(p.s MKD and Norwich would have been my last bet wink2.gif )

Going into Day 4 I will have only one selection standing - £86.98, so it will take 6 winning bets in a row from one selection to achieve its goal. As I cannot see this happening, I've decided to cut my losses here and effectivly take a £13.02 loss on the first attempt rather than seeing the Thread go down £100 after chasing an improbable goal. Yes, this may leave me open to ridicule, etc but at the end of the day, this is something which everybody who enjoys a bet should know - WHEN TO STOP!!
Very wise indeed. Glad to see you not let your pride get in the way of commonsense. Anyone that would cause ridicule for this move obviously knows nothing about making profit from gambling. Good luck with attempt 2.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - Day 1 1. Derry city v Longford over 2.5...........................WON......£21.59 2. Thun v Malmo............................................. .....WON......£20.83 3. Portsmouth v Aston Villa ..................................Loser 4. Blackpool v Hull................................................Loser 5. Birmingham v Boro over 2.5.............................WON........£23.11 6. Millwall v Bristol R (+0 and +0.5 A.H ).................Loser 7. Sheff Utd v Boston over 2.5..............................Loser 8. Wrexham v Doncaster........................................WON.......£25.39 9. MKD v Norwich over 2.5.....................................Loser 10. Gretna v Dumfermline over 2.5.........................Loser Well.... A quite pathetic 4/10 means that we'll be up against it again in this attempt. Hull took the lead in their game but were unable to take advantage, as did Villa who went down to ten men very early on. Norwich, Sheff utd and Gretna games simply did not produce the expected goal gluts and although Bristol R did give Millwall a little scare, the Londoners went on to win comfortable enough in the end. Now as mentioned previously when starting this attempt, all stakes will be rounded off, this time around meaning withdrawals of £1.59, £0.83, £3.11 and £5.39. This is a total withdrawal of £10.92, which goes a little way to making back the £13.02 i used to top up the bank. Original Bank -£100 Loss -£13.02 New Bank -£113.02 Withdrawals £10.92 Adjusted Bank -£102.10 Current Running Bank £80.00

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - Day 2 1. Slavia Prague v Anderlecht over 2.5...............£20 @ 1.97 2. Arsenal (-1.5 A.H ) v Fulham..........................£20 @ 1.85 3. Colchester v Cardiff......................................£20 @ 2.52 4. Inter v Shaktar over 2.5...............................£20 @ 1.94 Here's hoping for a miricle wink2.gifwink2.gif

Not a good start FF. Almost as good as my attempt. ;) Just have to go for maximum winners next time. :hope
It could be a long long season laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif Nah....its early days yet and i'm confident that I will hit this TWICE in the season bigokay.gif VERY VERY CONFIDENT!!happy.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Staffy, your picks are consistantly better than mine laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif I know i can do this, so there is no reason you cant!!! problem though is perhaps I start too early in the season, NOV - FEB are usually my best times with picks as form, etc usually settles down

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - Day 2 1. Slavia Prague v Anderlecht over 2.5...............LOSER 2. Arsenal (-1.5 A.H ) v Fulham..........................£20 @ 1.85 3. Colchester v Cardiff......................................£20 @ 2.52 4. Inter v Shaktar over 2.5...............................£20 @ 1.94 Well Firstly, Sparta and Anderlecht only produced 2 goals in the end so It looks as if I'll need the other 3 to come in to give me some chance of success. i will update later as i'm back to work soon. Cardiff winning 2-0 at the moment with Arsenal winning by a goal and 2 goals scored at half time in the Inter game, so some possibilities that I might scrape it happy.gif

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - Day 2 1. Slavia Prague v Anderlecht over 2.5...............LOSER 2. Arsenal (-1.5 A.H ) v Fulham.........................WON....£36.83 to Day 3 3. Colchester v Cardiff.....................................WON.....£48.88 to Day 3 4. Inter v Shaktar over 2.5...............................LOSER Now I'm in a rather impossible position which I hope I would not get caught in. I'm not gonna win off this round but do i risk the remaining stakes or take a loss? The bank is £85.71 with 2 standing so I think the best thing is to risk it and hope i dont have 2 losers next time out!! Therefore Day 3 = 2 x £40 Bets So the withdrawal from my balance will be £5.71 Original Bank -£100 Loss -£13.02 New Bank -£113.02 Withdrawals £16.63 Adjusted Bank -£96.39 Current Running Bank £80.00

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) As i'll prob be offline for most of tomorrow SECOND ATTEMPT SELECTIONS - DAY 3 1. Borisov v K Sovetov over 2.5......................£40 @ 1.9 2. Allianssi v Brann over 2.5...........................£40 @ 1.78 was very tempted to try to get a price for ANY OTHER UNQUOTED SCORE (basically any team to score 4) in the game between Copenhagen and Carmarthen but it was a pathetic 2.04. Was hoping for at least 3.5 to make it worthwhile but I wont be bothered trying to match a price as I'm not that badly stuck for value laugh4.giflaugh4.gif (Alliansi/Brann was next best option) *edit - put in wrong opponents for carmarthen

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Frisky, I like what you are doing here, but I think you are making a critical mistake, you are betting every day. not when there are bets that you think will win. Mid week you have a lot less to pick from. I think if you just did this, with 1 set of selections a weekend, you'd do way better. If you are going to do mid week selections, perhaps spread them over 3 days.

Re: £10,000 for £10 (10 bets) Or just spread the starting 10 games over more than 1 day.... If you only find 7 selection on saturday... Why absolutely take 3 games more, that you just take to fill up with... (That was also a mistake i made last weekend. And they all lost). :( GL withit frisky...