NFLX Friday.

Detroit +1 FH Harrington and Garcia will be in and both trying to impress. Jets secondary looks thin, and with Abrahams out both QB's should have plenty of time to throw the ball downfield. Pennington not playing. A very shaky Fiedler and Bollinger. Detroit defense look to have made some good steps forward and should be able to keep the Jets in check. Not sure I want to be involved in the second half with Orlovsky playing under centre, but I'll be surprised if the Lions are behind at HT. Cinci/NE over 37.5 Cinci have enough fire-power to get this total on their own. In their last 2 meetings (1 pre-season, 1 regualr) they have scored 28 and 31 v. the NE defense. NE are keen to put on a better performance than last pre-season when they scored just 3, so expect a bit more action from them aswell. They'll be keen to show they can still move the ball and score without Weiss calling the plays. Of course, it always helps have Flutie coming in late, he'll almost certainly be good for a score or two against the 3rd stringers. Tenn/TB under 37 Tampa were 0-4 under last pre-season (totals of 26, 20, 27, 26). Tenn were 1-3 under (27, 31, 37, 34). McNair will only be in for a series or two, and will not throw anything long, due to his sternum operation. Volek is in the same boat, coming off recent shoulder surgery, so that leaves Randall and Guidugli to take the majority of the snaps, and you'd think they'd struggle against the Tampa D. Griese will take 10-15 snaps, then Simms and McCown. They have massive injury problems in their O-line, and RB's Alstott and Garner will not play. Tough to see much scoring in this one.

Re: NFLX Friday. TazaD, how the bloody hell d'you find all this. It takes me about 4hrs just to catch up on the Raiders :o, and then I've had enough (although it may have something to do with looking at the 'glory years' instead :D. I appreciate this write-up, but do you think there is a great deal of insight to be gained by looking at these warm-up games or has it helped you when it has come to the regular season? I'll be reading what you have to say with interest as I had a profitable time a few years ago in the handicap betting, and having slightly lost interest in the sport I'm starting to get the bug back. KUTGW:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.