Scottish Open

Fader

So let's take a look at this Scottish Open. In the top half we have Mark Allen, who really seemed to have a problem with starting matches last week. Looking at todays results he done exactly the same thing, going down 2-0 to come back 4-2 so once he goes up against somebody who can punish that way of playing, he's going out. That puts me off Allen. Also in the top half. The ones I do like in the top half are Kyren Wilson and Marco Fu. It's most definitely easier to get to the final from the top half. Maguire is also in the top half and tempting at a big price if he continues his form, but it's alot of snooker to play this week after going deep in York.

In the bottom half we have UK Winner Ding, Trump, Murphy, Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan so I wont be looking at backing alot of points on many. The one I do want to follow this week is Maflin. He would have to beat alot of good players this week but if he continues in the current form we've seen, he's somebody I want on side. 

2pts E/W K.Wilson to win the Scottish Open 22/1 betfair
0.5pts E/W K.Maflin to win the Scottish Open 200/1 betfair
0,5pts E/W R.Walden to win the Scottish Open 200/1 betfair
0.5pts EW M,Fu to win Scottish Open 150/1 ladbrokes

10am matches -
I'm going to go with Jordan Brown to beat Liam Highfield this morning. Brown has steadily been getting better and better this season. He's already beaten Bingham, Joyce, Akani and he's not been shown up against the top players like Trump and Selby too. He faces Highfield, who is quite hit and miss.

4.30pm matches -
The one I like here is Li Hang to beat Selt. Selt is bang out of form at present and Hang showed good form last week. Scoring very well.

7PM matches -
James Cahill to beat Akani. I like Cahill alot and I think if he plays anything like his standard and potential he should win this.

4pts J.Brown to beat L.Highfield 13/8 ladbrokes
5pts L.Hang to beat M.Selt 4/5 unibet
5pts J.Cahill to beat S.Akani 4/5 bet365

5 hours ago, Fader said:

Welcome Foo_Fighter. Remember to add some reasoning for next time. Good luck mate.

Thanks an awful lot man. I happen to love snooker although I live in a country with literally zero tradition in this sport. As for the reasoning, I mean, do I have to? Is it necessary? Thanks again, good luck brother. 

1 hour ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Thanks an awful lot man. I happen to love snooker although I live in a country with literally zero tradition in this sport. As for the reasoning, I mean, do I have to? Is it necessary? Thanks again, good luck brother. 

It's a forum rule. It just helps other people out also. Just a line will do. Good to see new faces in here.

3 hours ago, Fader said:

It's a forum rule. It just helps other people out also. Just a line will do. Good to see new faces in here.

Just thought it'd be nice to post my daily picks based on my hunch, without explaining why etc. I guess it's ok, I'll respect the rules of course. Started out well, easy victory for my man Gilbert (like him a lot). Now come on Noppon! 

I think I am going to take Gary Wilson this morning on the (-1.5 handicap) he's got a good record against Wakelin beating him 3 times in a row and even last week at the UK he was 4-0 down to wakelin and won 6 in a row once he turned on the snooker. He's generally playing well at the moment give or take a few odd frames. I'm also going with Ursenbacher on the (+2.5 handicap) against Higgins. Higgins was quite poor in the UK and he still went deep. He isn't playing well or scoring like he normally would and he's played alot ot snooker recently. I would be suprised if Ursenbacher could not get 2 frames.

Alan McManus takes on James Wattana and I'll be taking McManus on the (-1.5 handicap) McManus whitewashed Wattana the last time they met and McManus is playing alot better right now too. Wattana's win over Noppon was very random and perhaps because Wattana is abit of a legend back home for Saengkham because his scoring went to crap. To continue with handicaps, I'll take Cahill on his handicap over Ronnie. The matches between the two have always been close. He even beat Ronnie the last time they met. 6-3/6-4/5-3/8-10 are the four results, it would suprise me if James doesn't put 2 frames on the board and if he gets a good early start, he's more than capable of winning again.

5pts G.Wilson (-1.5 frames) to beat C.Wakelin 4/5 betfair
5pts A.Ursenbacher (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Higgins 4/5 bet365
5pts A.McManus (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Wattana 4/5 bet365
6pts J.Cahill (+2.5 frames) to beat R.O'Sullivan 5/6 bet365

no, there are a few that will be going into my "crap" bin after performances yesterday. Awful.

2 rounds played today. So by end of play today, we'll be down to the final 8. Despite that poor day yesterday, I still have all my outright bets active although for me them to all get through 2 rounds will be quite the achievement. I do like Fu to keep his run going though. He has Un-Nooh at 10am, and it's always been a close game between them. A deciding frame has been the winner every time. Highfield is a player who is scoring very well at the moment. He has beaten Selby in the past and I think he's worth taking on the +2.5 handicap, despite how bad my recent tips have been in that department

4pts M.Fu to beat Un-Nooh evens bet365
6pts L.Highfield +2.5 frames to beat M.Selby 4/6 betvictor

2 minutes ago, notanotherdonkey said:

Could it be possible to put profit and loss at the end of each tournament as that is more beneficial to me as to Oppose why you like a selection.When somebody puts a selection up I normally check it myself and see if I want to join in or leave it and this is just food for thought.Good Luck

I've asked this in the past, but it wasn't something the forum liked the idea of.

*edit - however, i'm happy to add profit/loss on my own tips. I can start doing that from the Worlds. Remember though, you don't have a gun against your head with peoples tips. People love you then hate you in the same day with tips. You'll give them multiple 16/1 winners and then you get a couple of even shots lose and you're useless. It's a fickle world.