Party Poker

GaF

I mentioned earlier today about Ladbrokes Beta testing Head to Head MTT's - well there's loads of these on Party Poker - it's called Shootout - I might give it a go later....... Party Poker have also halved the money on my favourite freerolls ($5000 for max 2500 players) and made it half an hour later (23:50 BST now and 09:50 BST) - but only $2500 prize pool (and last night they let 3500 players in as well) - can't really blame them - they were obscenely popular (filling up in something like 1 minute!!) - still in the region of $1 per player is pretty good for a freeroll - any better value ones anywhere at the moment? (Betfred used to be great in this respect, but is too popular now....)

Re: Party Poker

I mentioned earlier today about Ladbrokes Beta testing Head to Head MTT's - well there's loads of these on Party Poker - it's called Shootout - I might give it a go later.......
Oops - I was wrong - this is what the "Shootout" actually is: Shootout Tournaments More Payouts - Shorter Tournaments - More Fun! Shootout tournaments at PartyPoker are an exciting variation to our standard Multi Table tournament format. A Shootout tournament can be 1, 2, 3 or 4 rounds depending on the number of players that enter. Rounds 1, 2 and 3
  • There are no collapsing of tables and players play only against the other players at their table
  • Players advance if they are one of the 3 remaining players at their table
  • Players that advance each get paid a portion of the prize pool each round
  • Players that advance will advance with the chips they have won until that point

Round 4

• Round 4 is played out in a standard Multi Table Tournament format
  • Payouts in round 4 follow a standard Multi Table payoff schedule based on the number of players that enter the round and the remaining prize pool

The Shootout structure makes the tournaments finish faster and more players get paid! Here is an example of how a Shootout tournament works: Number of Entrants: 110 Round 1 This round will begin with 11 tables, 10 players per table. The round will finish when there were 3 players left at each table. There will be 11 first place finishers, 11 second place finishers and 11 third place finishers – all of which will get paid and advance to round 2. Round 2 This round will begin with 4 tables, 3 tables with 8 players per table and 1 table with 9 players. The round will finish when there are 3 players left at each table. There will be 4 first place finishers, 4 second place finishers and 4 third place finishers – all of which will get paid and advance to round 3. Round 3 This round will begin with 2 tables, 6 players per table. The round will finish when there are 3 players left at each table. There will be 2 first place finishers, 2 second place finishers and 2 third place finishers – all of which will get paid and advance to round 4. Round 4 This round will begin with 1 table, 6 players at the table. The round and tournament will finish when there is only 1 player with chips remaining. Round 4 payouts are based on a standard Multi Table format (if less than 10 players start round 4 then the payouts will be 50% to first, 30% to second place and 20% to third place). In this example the first, second and third place finishers from round 4 will be paid.