US Bank Championships PGA Tour Golf

A bit of a train wreck last week in the open. The less said the better. Even saying that Daly really should have got a place. Every time the action cut to him he was having an eagle putt or missing his birdie attempt from about 2 feet!!! Anyway, onwards and upwards and hopefully we have a better result this week. The golf game can be a cruel one with large barron spells. But a Barron spell this week would be most welcome. (more later) This week sees us head on to the US Bank Championship in Milwaukee. A quick look at the stats and the previous winners tells us that we need players who are doing well in the GIR stats. Generally the players at the top of the leaderboard in this event are in or around the top 10 for GIR on the week, so it would seem putting isn’t as crucial around the Brown Deer Park G.C. I am going for 4 selections this week and I actually took the prices last night as I seen that Cink was unlikely to play and being the second favourite he was about 3 or 4% of the total book so I moved in on some bookies that hadn’t removed him from their lists. Obviously with the GIR stats being important the alarm bells immediately start ringing for backing Kenny Perry. And usually while I lothe to back golfers outright at single figure odds. And im probably also influenced by the fact Tiger won last week, it looked pretty certain he would but the price wasn’t for me. But a winners a winner I suppose. When you take into account Perrys recent form of 11,3,23,24,C,1 it is very good. With the Cut coming in an event he hates. He has had an excellent year so far and this is one of courses he shows up on year after year. With course form of 7,1,4,5,3. The only negative I have is he may be jaded from his performance in The Open, but this hasn’t affected him in recent years. Surely he can bring it home in the top 5 in this weak field. 8-1 EW Boylesports. Sticking with a player who has good GIR stats and hopefully I have unearthed a gem here. We can get our Barron week by backing Doug Barron! At first glance his recent form is not very good. His course form although showing ok signs, recently is poor with finishes of 66,C,18,17,6,26. At first glance this guy should be discarded. However, I checked his GIR stats for the last 6 seasons. When he finished 66th last year here, for that season he was ranked 158th for GIR and for all the others he has never been ranked in the top 60 for GIR. This season so far he is ranked 17th for GIR. Obviously, the stats maybe skewed as when he played this last year he could have ranked high in GIR stats and then missed every green for the rest of the year to end up 158th. And likewise he could miss every green for the rest of this year, starting this week and end up 158th or worse again. But that is unlikely. It just keeps screaming to me if he can come 66th being ranked 158th what can he do if he is ranked 17th ? You can never be sure with these journeyman players but at the price is worth a punt. 150-1 EW Betfred Also 11-1 to finish in Top 10 at Paddy Power The next 2 players I’m going for are players who have good course and recent form. Brett Quigley has recent form of 26,5,17,21 which is fairly impressive. His course form is 2,4,32,18. In the years he finished 2nd and 4th his form going into the tournament was not as good as it is now. So hopefully he can keep his run going and secure another top 5. 50-1 EW Boylesports Finally I’m going for a player who showed up well in last weeks BC Open finishing second. His form previous to that is not very good. But he is one of them streaky players who can chuck in a few good results on the bounce, before disappearing from view completely with a string of missed cuts. So I’m hoping to catch him on a streak. His recent from on this course is C,20,5,3,3. Looks to be going in the wrong direction but like I say hopefully second place last week will rejuvenate him on a course he has finished well on before. Oh yes and his name is JP Hayes. 66-1 EW Boylesports

Re: US Bank Championships PGA Tour Golf Just to add one more player. Dont like backing loads of players, especially since I am on an 8-1 shot. But the price is just too big to miss. Joey Snyder has had some decent form of late without quite managing to string 4 good rounds together in the same tournament. He is ranked in the top 20 on tour in GIR and on his last outing in the John Deere classic he was ranked 4th for GIR. The main weakness in his game is his putting as he is ranked 153rd this season on putting average. But putting doesnt matter as much at this course as the greens aren't challenging in the slightest. This much is obvious from Kenny Perrys good record here as he is a woeful putter (145th this year) If Mr Snyder can just turn up and drive the ball fairly straight he could be in with a shout. Worth a small investment at 150-1 EW at Ladbrokes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.