Ashes Series

Right. Time to get a few tickles on the spreads for the series. I'm small stakes on this, but always like to have a bit of ongoing interest. I'll kick-off with a couple. Please add if you see any spreads you think are wrongly priced, making stakes 1 - 5, and we'll see what the thread can pull in from now to September. Bell series ton-ups with Cantor (must play three games). 20-25. I expect to see a few headlines such as Bell Chimes in with Unbeaten Ton so this is a buy. There's a bit of class about the England No.4 and if Tresco/Strauss/Vaughan can get going Bell will be well-placed to put together some big innings. He has the class and cool head to 'go on with it' past the 80-type knock. Selectors will stick with him and if the dreaded broken finger/out for rest of series strikes early, we have the 'play 3 tests proviso'. But this ton-up malarchy is a tough old way to rack up quids as you only make money when the geezer is in three figures. Warne series runs is quoted at 110-125 with Spin. Two very confident tons this summer for Hampshire and now thinks he can bat. If England can run Aus close-ish in this series he should get six knocks or so coming in at 8. I would think there's at least one half-century in him. Therefore: BUY Bell series ton-ups at 25. 3pts BUY Warne runs at 125. 2pts :ok

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ashes Series Perhaps Swooperman can help out here, generally speaking, but I think the 3 strike bowlers take the wickets and the 4th & the container/spinner chip in depending on the wicket. Even with a great allrounder, Flintoff, perhaps yet to live up to his billing, England go in with 4 bowlers. Why? Pie-chucker XI at Lords (should have been): Tresco Strauss Vaughan Bell KP Collingwood Flintoff Jones the gloves Giles Harmison Tremlett This is a Lords bouncy pitch and the three quicks are average 6' 6" tall. You've got the irritation of Giles and the 'Steve Waugh' bowling of Collingwood and Vaughan and Bell must be told to bowl. Australia play 4 bowlers and do not have a genuine all-rounder.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.