Past results between two teams

I know its not a very inspiring name for a system but I hope the system will be inspiring! I have the feeling that when pricing up football matches, the bookies dont take the effect of the past results between the two teams into account enough. I have no evidence, its just a hunch. And hence if they are pricing it up incorrectly there may be vaue in the prices. Quite often a team finds out how to play against another team and then when they meet the next season or for the second time that season they get a similar result. Hope that makes sense. For example last season man city beat chelsea at home then in the away tie i thought man city would do quite well and laid chelsea and they got a draw. At the moment its going to be a paper based system with varying stakes. The will be more bets once the english footy season starts. You cannot really back test the system as there will be individual circumstances surrounding each match such as a change of playing styles. Starting bank: 100 pts All opinions welcome! :hope

Re: Past results between two teams Selections in Bold: Bet 1: Valernega V Odd GreenLand, 0.5 pts match odds, 1.45(after commision), Betfair Reason: Valerenga beat them twice last season. Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 99.5 pts Profit/(loss) : Yield :

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.