20/20 Cricket Australia v England

Centrebet has: Australia 1.50 England 2.50 I've selected Australia as my pick to win this match and they are fairly good odds for the number one team in the world. Although there is nothing riding on this match I remember back to the opening game of the NZ-Australia series where NZ fancied there chances to win the match but were blown off the park by Australia. Imo this result rattled the NZer's confidence and set the tone for the rest of that series. In affect the psychological dent the Aussie had put in to NZ was huge and I expect Australia to try to put a similar dent in to England's confidence before the series starts. I'm not sure what history if any this very limited version of the game has in England but the Australian players love it and will go at 100mph from the start. If my memory serves me correctly the English limited overs results do not compare to their very decent test results. Another bet with more value is the team to score the most number of 6s. Australia 2.00 England 2.25 Tie 5.50

Re: 20/20 Cricket Australia v England Stan James go closer - England 5/4, Australia 4/7 There is a common theory that as England invented this form of the game they should be better at it, but its a dangerous viewpoint IMO. Englands longer-haul players have hardly played it at all, as the English Domestic 20/20 is played throughout the Natwest Challenge, the ODI series involving England & 2 touring sides. Players like Tresco have only played the game once, indeed Vaughan is the only player on either side to never have played a game of 20/20. Newer players like Pietersen have played a few, the most being Gareth Battys 11. The Aussies have played it at home & it doesnt coincide with internationals I dont think, & as Kiwi said theyve played in the inaugural international tournament in NZ. I hope I'm wrong as an Englishman, but I'm on Australia @ 4/7, together with Strauss @ 5/1 & hayden @ 4/1 as leading scorers.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.