Gaelic Football & Hurling - All Ireland Championships 2005

Hey All, Not sure if I'll get many replies on this topic - but this is a great Summer betting option - and one with serious profit to be made, an important element to my betting year as it basically covers the non-soccer portion of the season. Not sure how many bookies offer betting on these sports, but Paddy Power and Boyles Sport certaintly do. Betting traditionally has may guises in these two sports - who will iwn the championship, who will win their province, and match bets, who will score first (and how), winning margins, HT FT betting, match betting and handicap betting. The handicap betting can often be very badly priced in my opinion, I watch all televised championship matches televised on Irish televison. To get the call rolling I would propose the following - note that this is for the Gaelic Football and NOT Hurling, as the same counties enter both.... Provinsial winners. Ulster - Armagh 13/8 - they won the All Ireland a couple of years ago and have impressed me a lot by comfortabely beating Fermanagh (semi-finalists in All Ireland last year) in their first round match. They are dominant in the air, extremely fit and strong and very good up front. I'm very suprised that they are not favourites IMO, and most people I talk to accept they are very prpobable winners of this province and I think the most likely county to winn the whole All Ireland. Biggest Threat - Definitely Tyrone, but they are priced far too short. Munster - Kerry 8/15 - This is great value IMO. None of the others are any threat, except Cork, and even so Kerry have far more up front and can destroy teams on their day. Tend to score lots, and decimated their opposition in last years All Ireland final. Leinster - Dublin 15/8 - This province is the most competitive in so far as most of the remaining counties are evenly matched. Last year Westmeath played Laois in the final. Westmeath are not in good form, and can be expected to be must less successful than last year IMO - they will not win Leinster again this year. Laois are a decent team and Dublin's biggest threat IMO. However Dublin are the best supported and play at home in every match - they also slaughtered Longford by a huge margin in their first round. They also look capable of scoring goals, as as we say "goals win games". As an accumulator this is a very nice price - and I've staked on it already - would be suprised if any of the three slipped up, if one does, I'd say maybe Dublin at the expense of Laois. May get back on this weekends matches if I get a chance, FA

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.