An Experiment

mikkav

Hi all I'm always interested in various poker strategies but here's one I'm going to try as soon as I get a moment. 1. I'm going to buy in to a NL cash game ($25 or $50 max bi) but I'm going to buy in short maybe not the minimum but 60% I know you should always buy in for the max so you can get the maximum gain but I'm going to try and give the impression of someone out of their depth and call all in with premium hands my reasoning being that a person who has won more than the max and is playing with "profit" may call me with something they mighn't normally.My aim is to double up and then sit tight.Even if I get just the blinds every now and then. What do you think maybe its lunacy so Ill let you know:hope

Re: An Experiment Ive seen people try to do this and it really doesnt work. For one its a well known thing and you may find you only get called when your beaten. Further more if your only playing premium hands, when you do make that absoloute monster your not going to be paid as handsomly as you potentially could be. Why not buy in for the maximum and only play premium hands? Finally your micro stack will mean that you cannot protect your premium but vulnerable hands. Lets say your in a multi way pot, and you have AA and the flop is As 9c Tc. Top set and the nuts on this flop, but its vulnerable, and you will not have enough chips in front of you to drive the draws out. Dont do it mate :)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.