Football results databases

[QUOTE=FinnestonBear]HI, Anyone know if there as an accesible football result database availablie online? When i was doing maths at University i developed a system for longlists that guarenteed, over the course of a few weeks, a regular return. Problem was that it would take me about 8 hours of calulations to find the results which was OK at uni but now i never have the time. I could have ramped the system up with new variables but it would have taken me days to run through it. but it would have made the system more accurate. I work in software now and have developed the system into a program but it relies upon the data for all previous games, basically i dont have the time to update the data. So, basically, does anyone know of an updated online database for pretty much English matches (they have the best results). One that can be read my machine? CHeers Davie[/QUOTE] Can anyone help? ;)

Re: Football results databases Don't know of anything that will give you direct access. Some datasets are available at www.football-data.co.uk but you would have to put them in a database yourself. Not a big deal in itself. Few companies about that provide the info by means of XML feeds but they come at a cost. I am working on quite a large database myself, MySQL based, not really ready for use by anyone else, (the public), but i'm open for some testing. No long term promises thou.

Re: Football results databases I have all of Football-Data's data in an Access database (last update this morning). Quite large at 100mb but I am sure I could shrink in and upload to a website for you to download. Now that football-data is completely free, I see no problem in giving it to people who request. Send me an email at account69 @ gmail.com if you want to do the biz