** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Staking System and ideas

scottj15

Hi, 

Not sure if I have posted this in the right section. I have been playing around with systems to help automate my weekend selections for a months years now based on teams scoring form and am getting some good selections. However there is one thing I always seem to come unstuck at and that's some sort of staking plan. I know many people are determined to use singles for everything however I have always been a fan of accumulators with higher returns. I tend to always put the full accumulator on (Because I'd kick myself if I didn't) and some sort of 'Fold' depending on the amount of selections. Perhaps 4 folds on 5 selections or a 6 fold on an 8 selection for example. I tend to only bet on Over 2.5 goals so the odds for each selection are usually fairly close (say 1.7 - 2.0) and I can usually have anything from 3-10 selections for a weekend.

My question is has anyone ever explored more imaginative methods of staking based on a certain amount of selections of near enough the same price? For example numbering selections and building accumulators of different sizes, not covering all possibilities for each 'fold' but perhaps covering a nice amount to up your chances?

It's something I am starting to explore but just wondered if anyone had any views on this?

Thanks, All the best 

Scott