Weekly NAPS Competition, Day 6, Friday 17th July 2015

H7.40 Tatlisu 11/1 Coral The horse was looking progressive until a poor show last time out but the horse was tried in blinkers that day and hated them so they're left off again here. The horses most recent effort on softish ground over 6 furlongs resulted in a beating of 17 rivals at Doncaster off a 5lb lower mark. The horse was since put in some decent efforts off higher marks on ground that would've been firmer than ideal so a return to this softer ground should see the horse go very close from a high draw which can be favoured here when the going is on the softer side.

Ham 6.40 - Royal Display -win at 6/1 bog boylesports 2yo mdn Only 6 runners here and I've got my doubts about 5 of them The two at the head of the market, Triassic and War Queen, both look like staying types who might be better at 7F plus. There is an uphill finish here which might bring stamina into play but I'm banking on them being outpaced and getting too far behind even tho' they might be finishing fast Hyaline and Satellac have their 2nd runs. They were both beaten a long way on debuts and both have been absent for 6/7 weeks which suggests all not well ? Black Hambleton makes his racecourse debut. Could be OK and the yard get occasional FTO winners. But his sales figure fell by half last time he went through the ring which doesn't inspire confidence and it's tricky against experienced runners from big yards unless you're something special That leaves my selection - from the Ryan yard, having 3rd run. Ran much better last time to finish 3 lengths down in a Haydock maiden. Sprint bred and reportedly showing some 'knee action' which is generally a sign that a horse wants a bit of cut in the ground, which he gets today.

730 Ponte: Mukaynis 7/2 PP/Coral Small field sprint and i'll go for the 4yo Mukaynis who has plenty of scope compared to most of these. Was with Lady Cecil at 2 and then went to France and was running up to a mile. Brought back to sprint trips since joining Kevin Ryan and looks a much better horse. Won at Wolverhampton and Doncaster and was a fair second last time out at Haydock over 6f. Doesn't mind soft ground so if any rain came he should be ok.

Hamilton 8:15 Star Storm @ 25/1 bet365 e/w thanks Star Storm.....from James Fanshawe yard the 3yo still learning the game as his 3 runs to date started this May at Nottingham 10f when 6th of 11 runners, The yard has worked on him as his other two races he finished 2nd at Sandown 10f and last race 28 days ago at Newmarket 10f with the two races on good to firm , The yard travel up from Newmarket to Hamilton where they must know heavy rain forecast for today which will see softer ground as its good to soft at moment , To me the yard must feel it could run a big race as Tom Queally coming up to ride horse again after being onboard his last two runs