Hobnobs and tea

Delicious aren’t they, especially the chocolate variety. Newcastle 4:50 I’ll try and keep the analysis short and sweet, Cheval looks to have a decent enough chance though may find it difficult off top weight here. He hasn’t really beaten much and only has one to his name which came on the A.W. Dornach is an interesting one who could flourish if managing to iron out his tendency to hang towards the final few furlongs but the 6/1 on offer doesn’t really appeal enough to me to back it. Could be wrong but we’ll see what improvement he has in store. Flyman has been tried over this distance to no avail a few times before, but his mark has dropped to 92 now and hasn’t been far behind the winner a couple of times, so may be worth a chance again over 7f. Second run for O’Meara and there could be more to come, wasn’t disgraced in a Grade 2 at Ripon latest but didn’t have the pace to keep up. Free Code seems to take a while to get going lately and that really puts me off, 10/3 about this one makes no appeal. Lover Man isn’t weighted to reverse the running with George Cinq in a race where he finished 3 lengths behind, but Obsidian looks about ready for this one. Winning over 1 mile last time, looks like he has the speed to get up again over 7 furlongs. Coming out of draw 1 he can potentially take this one from the front as he’s quick from the stalls. Has performed on Good ground before so that shouldn’t be a problem, only concern being his win was only in a maiden but at 17/2 I’m willing to take a chance on this one eeking out more improvement up’d in class. Obsidian – £25 e/w @ 17/2 (PP) Flyman – £10 e/w @ 9/1 (Various) (£-70)