flat racing fri 24th april

double attempt today ... 130 sand tom hark 98.77 yeenaan 98.55 spring offensive 98.49 tom hark should benefit from first run where he missed break and with hannon in form could run well tom hark 3 pts win 9/2 lads 335 sand dark side dream 98.84 waady 98.77 profitsble 98.63 very tough race ....waady is fav and might improve but I like dark side dream who ran a cracker at wolv lto and if csn can just come on a touch will give these a good run .....12/1 looks far too big dark side dream 2pts ew 12/1 lads 2x2pt ew double

Re: flat racing fri 24th april 2:00 Sandown This looks a really high class renewal with the progressive pair Cannock Chase and Postponed heading the betting followed by smart miler Tulius and Western Hymn. However the Gosden runner Western Hymn is the one I like at the prices. He bolted up at Newbury beating Snow Sky on his reappearance last year becoming a leading Derby contender before a workmanlike win in a Group 3 at this meeting 2 weeks later. He didn't handle the sharp bends around Epsom in the Derby and looked much more at home at the flat Maisons Laffitte where he won a Group 2. I think you can forgive his disappointing run next time out in France on bottomless ground where the other market leader Prince Gibraltar was also well beaten and he ran a decent race in the Champion Stakes considering he sweated up badly beforehand. Although he's done a lot of racing on soft he should handle quicker ground as well so I'm not concerned about the surface while the galloping nature of Sandown should suit him perfectly. He looks best off a break which is another plus and his form stacks up quite well considering how green he raced last year and I think we'll see the best of him as a 4 year old. After being gelded I'm hoping he's a far more mature performer this season and with Dettori in this form fingers crossed he'll be in the mix at the finish. Western Hymn - 1pt Win @ 11/2 Betvictor

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.