National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 21st

Aidymac

Kempton Park 3:45 - Betbright Chase(HANDICAP) (Grade 3) 3m Fox Appeal has been in decent form for the Emma Lavelle yard and ran his best race for some time when 2nd behind Rebel Rebellion at Ascot last time out. He has a tendancy to run in snatches and get a tad outpaced though, so at the prices I don't think he offers a whole pile of value. Le Reve was extremely impressive last time out in his win at Sandown, but he will now face a 7 pound hike in the weights in a much stronger race. For me, the value is Ardkilly Witness as Dr Newland places his horses extremely well. He ran well in this race last year and was travelling very well when he unseated last time out. He has winning course and distance form which is another plus. Ardkilly Witness - 1 Point each-way @ 16/1 RaceBets Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/betbright-chase-betting-ardkilly-witness-can-land-the-spoils-for-dr-richard-newland

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 21st Newcastle 2:55 - Betfred Eider(HANDICAP CHASE) (2) 4m1f Maurice Phelan sends over Portrait King from Ireland, a horse that won this race comfortably back in 2012. He will have to win it off a 9 pound higher mark this time around but he comes here in great form. Amateur rider Declan Queally rode him to victory at Punchestown in January and he followed that up with a nice 2nd place finish behind Embracing Change at the same venue. Denis O'Regan is booked for the ride once more which is a plus. I am firmly in the Wyck Hill camp tomorrow myself though, a horse that won this race last year. The ground might be a little bit too good for him at the moment but with rain forecast, I am hoping the ground turns soggy and if he does he has a huge shout. Wyck Hill - 2 Points WIN @ 8/1 Betfred Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/betfred-eider-chase-betting-wyck-hill-is-not-a-quick-horse-but-he-will-gallop-all-day-long

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 21st Kempton 2:00 - Betbright Cheltenham Festival Fund Adonis Juvenile Hurdle(Grade 2) (1) 2m Nicky Henderson's Bivouac could be the horse that they all have to beat tomorrow. The French import won his first two starts at Sandown and then over this course and distance, before going on to finish 5th behind Triumph Hurdle favourite, and stable star, Peace And Co. The stiff finish at Cheltenham caught him out last time out, so this should be a much easier assignment back on a flatter track. Paul Nicholls' All Yours won by 10 lengths at Taunton a couple of weeks ago and is entitled to be in the mix. I have had a small each-way on the Evan Williams trained Cape Caster, who was a better horse than Beltor on the flat and much better is expected of him tomorrow. Cape Caster - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/adonis-juvenile-hurdle-betting-cape-can-caster-aside-his-poor-ludlow-run-last-time-out

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 21st 2.55 NEWCASTLE -THE BETFRED EIDER Venetia Williams has a fine record with her chasers in testing ground and I am going to take a chance on SUMMERY JUSTICE. He has proved to be a fair handicapper over the years, winning four chases and looked good last year when winning at Newbury on heavy ground. Last time out he finished a good third at Kelso on heavy ground and off a lower mark, he could run a good race at a big price. The other to look out for at a big price is Milborough. He may only have run eight times over fences, but he is a proven stayer and capable of more improvement than others. He was not disgraced when finishing eighth in the four miler at Cheltenham last season and stayed on strongly to win at Carlisle on soft ground earlier this season. He has a useful claimer on board, who has ridden 3 winners from his last 15 rides and stays very well, so I can see him making the frame. 3.45 KEMPTON – THE BETBRIGHT CHASE EASTER DAY remains a well handicapped horse and on his favoured soft ground must have a big chance. He was a decent hurdler and took to fences well last season, with his victories including a defeat of O’Faolain’s Boy at Ascot, conceding four pounds. That was a classy run, but he met with a setback afterwards and missed the remainder of the season. He returned in December 2014 after one year off the track and ran a fine race to finish a close third at Newbury and then last time out was travelling like a good thing when coming down at Cheltenham. He had not made a mistake, just knuckled on landing and was very unlucky. He is three from three going right-handed and off the same handicap mark, he should run a big race. The biggest danger could prove to be his stable-mate Rocky Creek who remains fairly handicapped off 154. He was a top class novice chaser and connections believed he was on the fringe of Gold Cup class. His rating for this is therefore interesting. He was never going in the Hennessy, so you have to ignore that run to have faith in backing him here, but he has the ability to win a big handicap and in a race that top weights have often done well in the past, he is worth an each-way punt.

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 21st 2.55 Newcastle: Bettered Eider Chase (4m1f) Tough looking race and the fancied Shotgun Paddy is a favourite of mine. Ive been a bit disappointed with him this season and i'm not sure he's value here off top weight. Ive decided to go with two in the middle of the handicap that are in fair form and not too badly handicapped yet have a little scope. The Twiston-Davies runner Count Guido Deiro is only 8 and won well in the mud at Lingfield before finishing 4th to Unioniste at Sandown. Its decent form and off a mark just 6lbs higher than his last win he looks fairly treated. Ive always liked Herdsman and thought a good staying handicap was within his grasp. Not sure why Trevor Hemmings got rid of him but new trainer Brian Ellison saw the first chink of light last time out at Catterick since he had him. He was second that day and is now just 3lbs higher than his last winning mark and has the very good Brian Hughes on top. Selections: 1pt EW Herdsman 16/1 Bet365 1pt EW Count Guido Deiro 20/1 Bet365