U17 - European Championship

Thought I start a thread on this one, haven't spent too much time on it though, so I probably give the first round a miss. Teams qualified - Group A: Belarus, Croatia, England, Netherlands Group B: Italy, Turkey, Switzerland, Israel Played in Italy, from today 3rd of May until final on 14th of May. Matches today Belarus - England 16:00 CET Israel - Switzerland 16:00 CET Croatia - Netherland 17:00 CET Italy - Turkey 19:00 CET From the past winners and finalists, surprisingly only Switzerland is represented (winner 2001/2 - first official championship on that level). Big absentees are France, Spain and Portugal, as well as Germany. Some first info can be found here http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/index.html. I will try to look into this more the following days. For an outright, host Italy might be worth a shot.

Re: U17 - European Championship Found the squad of Switzerland: GK: Kevin Fickentscher (Werder Bremen), Yann Sommer (Basel). - Defense: Jonas Elmer (Grasshoppers), Samuel Haas (Grasshoppers), Jan Hartmann (Winterthur), Raphaël Mollet (SC Freiburg), Davide Redzepi (Young Boys), Christian Schneuwly (Young Boys), Remo Staubli (Zürich). - Midfield and Attack: Gaëtano Berardi (Brescia), Moreno Costanzo (St. Gallen), Angelo Dorsa (Brescia), Shkelzen Gashi (Zürich), Damien Germanier (Sion), Bekim Halimi (Basel), Fabio Klingler (Winterthur), Daniel Pavlovic (SC Freiburg), Ivan Rakitic (Basel). - Trainer: Yves Débonnaire. The 3 players in bold seem to be key players. Rakitic stirred up quite a lot of interest with European top clubs, but has now signed a pro contract with home club Basel, where he is rumoured to be included into the fanion squad next year. Rakitic and Halimi made the decisive goals in quali against Spain and Denmark. Another thing to remark is that quite some players are already playing abroad, although not in any first team.

Re: U17 - European Championship Just watching the Italy - Turkey match and Turkey if they win here would be a great bet overall to win the tournament. They are totally dominating this game and how it is 0-0 i will never know. Turkey have missed open goals, hit the bar, mis hit sitters etc. They are being very unlucky, then again Italy will probably do there usual of sneaking a 1-0 win knowing them!!

Re: U17 - European Championship Here are the results from yesterday

Anyone else watching some? Any comments? Did not get to it. Switzerland seemed to be pretty sharp, while Israel were still playing some good football. England crushing what seems to be the weakest side Belarus. Next round on 5th, definately plan to watch some and maybe try some bets
05/05/2005

Re: U17 - European Championship interwetten do - only one I checked. Sadly no outright bets.

16:00p.gif
Italien (U17) - Weißrußland (U17)
Sp.gif1,27p.gif4,30p.gif8,50
p.gif
16:00p.gif
Schweiz (U17) - Holland (U17)
Sp.gif3,10p.gif3,00p.gif2,10
p.gif
18:00p.gif
England (U17) - Türkei (U17)
Sp.gif2,00p.gif3,10p.gif3,20
p.gif
18:00p.gif
Israel (U17) - Kroatien (U17)
Sp.gif4,40p.gif3,30p.gif1,65
Interesting quote for a win on Switzerland and the England one does not look to bad either

Re: U17 - European Championship Still for me these odds seem strange, so I will give it a try 3/10 on Switzerland: they had a strong qualification and a good first game, Holland only came back very lucky against Croatia from 2-0 down, so happy to take 3.1 4/10 on England: England with quite some talent, good start (against weak Belarus); Turkey with a good match against Italy, but not finding the back of the net. Because of the group, this is already there last chance, they need to win it, which will give England some room to counter attack. England at 2. Let's see :hope

Re: U17 - European Championship I think Stan James does Tulenos. I will have small intrest in Turkey today as I see nice value. It was said before, they had a good game against Italy and didnt deserve to lose. England favourite but still...

Re: U17 - European Championship Great shout heniek.... Turkey look a great side and have played England off the park. Pity I didn't get on it myself. Paddypowers do in-running betting on it so i'm getting on them now. Better late than never (at 1/7 though!!) :( My money's as safe as yours H. Keep up the good work and enjoy the 2nd half Col

Re: U17 - European Championship

Great shout heniek.... Turkey look a great side and have played England off the park. Pity I didn't get on it myself. Paddypowers do in-running betting on it so i'm getting on them now. Better late than never (at 1/7 though!!) :( My money's as safe as yours H. Keep up the good work and enjoy the 2nd half Col
Dangerous bet mate - especially at those odds. This is nearly identical to the Italy match where Turkey were pressing and pressing, totally outplaying Italy then they got hit with the sucker punch! I wouldnt be surprised to see it again!

Re: U17 - European Championship Just put it on and no way would i have risked any money on odds like that when they only have a one goal lead!! Vaughan just come on, isnt he the one that scored for Everton?? Looked a good player!

Re: U17 - European Championship Turkey were a much better side - true they look a bit dodgy at the back, but going forward they look very good. I stuck the bet on when they had a 2 goal lead, but it turns out it was closer than i would imagine. With regard to the Finnish Veikkaus League, I do follow it but I'm far from an expert - i'm actually irish, not finnish and cant speak the lingo so i cant read match reports and the like. I'll ask my bird if she's got any tips!

Re: U17 - European Championship Oh ok - i was thinking you put on 1/7 with a one goal lead - that would've been suicidal!! Well done anyways! :clap Thats two games now Turkey have played teams off park and then struggled! Seem to go all out guns blazing in first half, then get slack and complacent in second. Could be something to bear in mind for their future games. Still no outright odds for this? Turkey have a great chance and i'd be interesed in them massively!

Re: U17 - European Championship Treadful defending by England (and Turkey looking dodgy as well), some nice attacks by Turkey. Still surprised England could not put more goals past that Turkish GK. Ned - Switzerland ended 0-0, with the Dutch having more of the game, but Switzerland looking dangerous on counter attacks. Overall, having seen good deal of two matches (and knowing that Italy lost 0-1 to Belarus), it looks like this tourney is very hard to judge, as everybody seems to be able to put off something against any opponent. Loads of errors, due to the young age and some to the bad pitch.

Re: U17 - European Championship :welcome Colmoneill. Have to say that was narrow escape :tongue2. They prooved it wasnt one off game with Italy and continued playing well. Sorry I didnt give more info for that game but I was only inspired by Racing Post (I should have mention that :o ). Anyway they tipped them to beat England today. Yesterday they tipped Turkey to win championship and all.

Re: U17 - European Championship After watching the first game against Italy i was convinced they could go all the way. They have some great attacking quality - defence is dangerous though! Did the racing post have odds on them to win it?

Re: U17 - European Championship results from yesterday

05/05/2005
next round
08/05/2005
standings
black_spacer.gif
spacer.gifGroup APldPts
spacer.gif
black_spacer.gif
spacer.gifEngland23
spacer.gifItaly23
spacer.gifTurkey23
spacer.gifBelarus23
black_spacer.gif
spacer.gifGroup BPldPts
spacer.gif
black_spacer.gif
spacer.gifSwitzerland24
spacer.gifCroatia24
spacer.gifNetherlands22
spacer.gifIsrael20

Re: U17 - European Championship here you go Semi-finals

Italy- Netherlands11/05
Croatia- Turkey11/05
Turkey looked convincing, but Croatia were able to put 5 goals past the solid Swiss to qualify. Looks definately like an over to me. For the other match, I am not really sure, found neither Italy nor the Netherlands to convincing.