Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts.

Bart(UK)

Blatant brag, very loosely posing as a possible helpful reminder to others :p Worth checking your emails and/or Gala poker (iPoker) account. Admittedly haven't been on there for years, but just got sent one of those "enticing back" emails providing 5x free (no deposit required) €1 Twister tokens. Obviously ran like Usain, mostly holding whilst ahead but also somehow always winning from behind, which is unusual for poker? Reminder, these are 500 starting stack turbos, not all-in flips. Still ICM-playable to a degree, but heavy wedge of buyin goes towards jackpots. 1st/3 (€2) 1st/3 (€4) 3rd/3 (€2) 1st/3 (€2) 1st/3 (€2) +€10 which equates to £7.44 Obviously not enough to withdraw, so another micro-grind is pending.

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts. Still trying to work out if these are good or a rip off. Gala also run a daily series of allins for 1point. normarly about 100 in each with 10 $1 twister tokens. Over 3 weeks have won 7 tokens for about 30 points. Have played 22 $1 twisters and won 11. However 21 have only had $2 prizes and 1 $4. So I am ahead but the prize pool is clearly weighted towards a disproportiante number of $2 pools.

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts. Yeah, would suggest that in value terms they're definitely -ve EV, don't recall exactly but something like 26% of bi put aside for jackpots on top of usual rake. Wasn't aware of points qualifiers, sound like a decent grind if you have spare time and you're getting good itm ratio. Still relying on hitting a big spin though I guess to justify time spent. Whilst -ve in value terms, could be an argument for ICM edge +ve as from what I've seen standard of play is incredibly poor and easy to quickly identify nits from maniacs. Whether this alone would out weigh the rake/jackpot is debatable. Tend to avoid anything with more than 10 to 15% taken out and only use with free tokens, but there's always that chance of a big win. Been doing premium bonds for years with little return for exactly same reason. This time next year Rodney ;) Sent from my XT1052 using PL Forum

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts. You've actually got me thinking now, maybe we should all treat poker more like an investment portfolio. The bulk of our roll and time spent on safer known returns, but a small % of each spent on the higher risk- higher potential return formats. Or maybe I just always try to over think everything? Lol Interesting stuff. Sent from my XT1052 using PL Forum

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts.

You've actually got me thinking now, maybe we should all treat poker more like an investment portfolio. The bulk of our roll and time spent on safer known returns, but a small % of each spent on the higher risk- higher potential return formats. Or maybe I just always try to over think everything? Lol Interesting stuff. Sent from my XT1052 using PL Forum
This is me in a nutshell :)

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts. Found another stray €1 token in old Betfred account, obviously only a €2 spin, shipped it after prolonged hu against a pretty decent player. +£1.49 (couple of €1 mtt entries worth) Been trying to get rid of the small poker balances not keep creating them :D

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts.

Yeah, would suggest that in value terms they're definitely -ve EV, don't recall exactly but something like 26% of bi put aside for jackpots on top of usual rake. Wasn't aware of points qualifiers, sound like a decent grind if you have spare time and you're getting good itm ratio. Still relying on hitting a big spin though I guess to justify time spent. Whilst -ve in value terms, could be an argument for ICM edge +ve as from what I've seen standard of play is incredibly poor and easy to quickly identify nits from maniacs. Whether this alone would out weigh the rake/jackpot is debatable. Tend to avoid anything with more than 10 to 15% taken out and only use with free tokens, but there's always that chance of a big win. Been doing premium bonds for years with little return for exactly same reason. This time next year Rodney ;) Sent from my XT1052 using PL Forum
Its why I have been using the points as your right the standard is terrible and you only need a run of 7 or 8 games where you are sucked out on to drive you crazy. At 1 point i seem to be hitting the final 10 about 1 in 10 which is not bad. If anyone has seen the pokerstars video where the russian wins a million after calling a shove with Q7 off and hits 2 pair, there is an enormous amount of luck involved

Re: Free Twister tokens - worth keeping an eye on emails and old accounts. We need a player points thread in the PokerChat forum for discussion of the best ways to convert value imo. Big leak of mine is that I tend to forget them, lose them and/or donk them off on crapshoots. I like the way you're converting them and with a shot of the big time too, nicely done :ok