National Hunt Racing > Saturday January 31st

Sandown Park 3:00 - Betfred Mobile Heroes Handicap Hurdle(Grade 3) (1) 2m6f The ultra consistent Saffron Wells might look an each-way bet to nothing here and I couldn't put anyone off him. The 7 year old has shown some smart form, including a 2nd behind Brave Vic in a Grade 2 here at Sandown last March. He ran a good race behind Polamco at Newbury just after Christmas when 3rd and he backed that up with another solid run behind the extremely impressive winner Tea For Two at Kempton when last seen. My money is on the John Ferguson trained Mijhaar though with Tony McCoy booked to ride. He seemed to appreciate the step up in trip last time out and I think the further step up in trip will suit. I don't think the 12/1 will last about the horse. Mijhaar - 1 Point each-way @ 12/1 Bet Victor Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/heroes-handicap-hurdle-tip-tony-mccoy-an-interesting-booking-for-ferguson-s-mijhaar

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday January 31st Sandown Park 2:25 - Betfred Tv Scilly Isles Novices' Chase(Grade 1) (1) 2m4f 110yds Champagne West only found the very smart Ptit Zig too good at Cheltenham last time out but the Philip Hobbs runner still comes here with a major chance on the back of that run. He stays all day, but possibly would prefer a bit further on a track like Cheltenham to bring out the best in him. He has never run at Sandown before so there are slight question marks as to how he will handle it. Irish Saint has won here before which has to be a plus and is in form but the price isn't too appealing. I had a small bet on Grumeti who looks a big price at 11/1 in my opinion. He has looked a different prospect since he has been sent chasing and he might surprise a few tomorrow I reckon. Grumeti - 1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Betway Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/scilly-isles-novices-chase-tip-grumeti-looks-underestimated-by-the-bookmakers

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday January 31st Ffos Las 2:05 - Betway Welsh Champion Hurdle(LIMITED HANDICAP) (2) 2m4f Rebecca Curtis has a brilliant 25% strike rate at her local track which is Ffos Las and it has to be interesting that she has acquired the very talented Paul Townend to ride Foryourinformation here. The 6 year old out of Kayf Tara has won both of his starts at Ffos Las, and when last seen Tony McCoy steered the horse to a neck victory over April Dusk. That was a rather poor race though so the horse will have to improve a good deal, but he is off a fair mark and is lightly raced. I have had a small each-way investment on the in-form Sophie Leech horse, Radmores Revenge, who is now a 12 year old which is far from a positive, but he battled on well here last time out to win and Killian Moore takes off a handy 3 pounds. Radmores Revenge - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/welsh-champion-hurdle-tip-there-is-still-plenty-of-life-left-in-old-boy-radmores-revenge

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday January 31st Wetherby 3:20 - Totepool Towton Novices' Chase(Grade 2) (1) 3m1f Kaki De La Pree comes here with a big chance for the in-form Tom Symonds yard. The 7 year old was a clear second behind the sometimes very talented Gevrey Chambertain of the David Pipe yard at Newbury last time out. He was also a clear second in a Grade 2 behind Toubeera at Haydock on his final start of last season so he has to enter the reckoning. Top Totti and Tonvadosa also have claims, especially the McCain horse as the yard have come to life over the last couple of days. In what is a really tricky race to try and solve, I have plumped for Rattlin who showed some very decent form last season and I am hoping the return to this track will revitalise her. Rattlin - 1 Point each-way @ 12/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/towton-novices-chase-tip-the-sue-smith-horse-can-come-rattlin-home-in-this-grade-2

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday January 31st 3.35pm Sandown – Betfred Masters Handicap Chase JUST A PAR - showed some fair form as a novice last season, including an impressive defeat of Third Intention at Newbury. He ran in the three big staying novice chases last season, the Felthan, RSA and Mildmay and was not good enough, but he has now dropped to a fair handicap mark and with the ground in his favour, he should run well. He ran a fair enough race on his handicap debut this season off 143 and then last time out ran well to finish fourth off 140 at Cheltenham. He is off the same mark today, but crucially he does not have to carry top weight which will help him. Overall he is a good jumper, so Sandown should suit and he wears a hood for the first time and given how shrewd his trainer is, there is every chance that it will bring about some improvement and he can run a big race at a fair price.