The Holy Grail....well maybe...

Im sure that everyone on this forum takes advantage of the Alerts (BlackBookers) which are freely available from most betting sites. My thought has been...what if you only backed your Alerts and nothing else.....!!! I have been doing this since about October and have backed many winners, including a 12/1 shot and a 25/1. I concentrate mainly on unexposed young horses that either win on their debut or race almost as well as the winner. Of course I have my favourite well exposed horses which I put in my Alerts, and together with the unexposed types, my Alerts would number well over 100. Sometimes of course, there is little action for a few days as there are days in Australia where there may be only two meetings to bet only, so I simply watch the unraced horses to see if any of them bolt in, and then put them in my Alerts. I suppose each to his own, but I've noticed my results have improved dramatically since October, and with a sliding scale for staking, I'm going to follow this idea for a while. I'm just wondering if anyone in the UK has tried this method of betting, as it does require a lot of discipline. Cheers all

Re: The Holy Grail....well maybe... I suppose the hardest part about this idea is actually managing your alerts. Yesterday I had one in NZ but I wasnt really that keen on it because it had ran 7th at its first run as an alert. I decided to give it another chance and up it bobbed at $7.50. The other issue I suppose is deciding which horses to put in your alerts. One horse might win comfortably and stand out as an alert after winning on debut, but in the very next race a horse misses the start, drops out a bit, then flashes home to be beaten in a photo.. do you blackbook it...probably yes you say, but what if the horse missed the start at its previous start...are you going to keep giving away starts...my feeling is, blackbook it, and hope the trainer does his job and get it jumping with the field next time. There are so many races to watch, but I think in the long run its worth it if you can identify the unexposed horses that are worth following...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.