Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015

Trainer Mr J.Ferguson sends out just the one runner and is in with a huge chance but I'll take him on as i also feel his 7yr old is of poor value and could be vulnerable. I like the chance of the Nicky Richards runner, yes he's an 8yr old but he has a very low mileage on his clock and with jockey Brian Harding back in the plate they could both post a good effort, the selection only has the 1 win from 6 runs but that win was under Brian Harding. He made his debut here at Ayr and its interesting Mr Richards returns him for another attempt, he's not been racing in 47 days but will be fit from eventing. Ayr 3:10 - Cultram Abbey. 0.5 E/w Bet @ 15/2 Corals & BV

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 14:50 Ffos Las Molly's a Diva 0.5pts e/w @ 8/1 Ladbrokes (Forgot that Ladbrokes are not BOG until the day of the race :spank) Course and Distance winner with at 40% strike rate on the surface. The small drop in trip should not be a hindrance. A solid profile against a short price favourite and looks overpriced, with Double Double appearing to be the main threat.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 12.50 Sou - Divertimenti - win at 8/1 bog PP 5F sprint handicap I like to concentrate on low drawn front runners with course form The two that fit the bill are Divertimenti and Incomparable. They ran against each other last time and my selection just came out on top but I thought he was a bit unlucky that day as he veered over to far rail which is not the place to be and probably cost him a length or two Hopefully he'll keep straight today from stall 2 with a horse outside him (he was in 1 last time)

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 1.35 Ayr: De Chissler @ 6/1 bet365 e/w thanks De Chissler....from Martin Todhunter yard is always worth having a small punt on his horses when he sends them up to Scotland, Martin sends this 8yo up who is a C&D winner In November last year off 88 mark , The horse has only been at yard from February last year as it spent its time In Ireland at James Daniel Dullea in co Cork where it did not have to much success and has been the same at this yard everytime the yard think they sorted it out its has those couple of falls and its back two square one again, The 3 runs to the end of last year after two falls at Sedgefield shows the flatter tracks seems to be the key as it had win at Ayr g/s 2m Musselburgh good 2m 6th place and last race 22 days ago at Newcastle 2m soft when 3rd with Graham Watters in saddle all 3 races , So flatter track and good to soft or soft conditions for the best out of horse and should be a good run today as condition are ideal with Graham Watters claiming 5lbs in saddle again

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 3.10 Ayr Trucking Along e/w 10/1 paddy power comes here after pulling up at Navan lto , that was its first run since feb 14 so if not showing any ill effects from that , should run its race. 5lbs higher than last win but did place off 2lbs higher two runs ago so not weighted out of it.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 2:50 Ffos Las - Speed Master 13/2 BV A good looking race, my selection ran decent last time out in a hotly contested race finishing 6th of 10 5L behind Ulzanas Raid back over hurdles at Cheltenham last time out. My selection finished 3 1/4 lengths behind Land Of Vic (5th) that day, who has since come out and won a good race at Kempton, beating Molly's A Diva who lines up today (3rd) by 12L. Dropped in class & trip today will hopefully have enough to be there abouts.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 1.35 AYR CADORE @ 20/1 W HILLS BOG Ran well after 4 months off until falling when getting tired at Sedgefield, hopefully that won't have done any damage. Beaten less than 3l off this mark 2 runs back and last win came off only 4lb lower. At home on this type of ground and claimer takes off a useful 3lb.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 1.10 Ffos Las - Victory Gunner win @ 9/1 Ladbrokes Victory Gunner has just turned 17 years old but he has been holding his form well with the exception of lto. He made a couple of mistakes on the way round and never really had a chance. However, I'm hoping that the run was a blip and that a return to Ffos Las can get him going again. He seems to like it here and from 5 runs he has had 2 wins and 3 seconds which include a win and 3 seconds over C&D. He finished a neck second 3 runs ago here off a mark of 105 and he followed that up with a 9 length second, after a break, again on the same mark. He is 5lb lower now and has been dropped in class for this so should find this easier. He's obviously a risky bet at 17 years old but at the price I feel he is worth a small bet back at his favourite course, having been dropped in class.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 Fofs Las 2.50 - Chestertern (1pts win, 2/1 BetVictor) Ran out a decent winner lto at Uttoxeter after being well backed into 6/4 and duly obliged. That was an improvement and if he matches that again will have every chance of back to back wins today.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 1.00 Ayr: Knockando EW 8/1 bet365 I'm looking at a return to form of the Lucinda Russell yard today at one of her favourite tracks. The stable have been in a bad rut for a while and i think Knockando has a chance here at decent odds. He loves this trip and a warm up over shorter last time will have done him no harm and dropped him down the weights in the process. Ground is no problem and i'll be surprised if he's not in the frame.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 1415 ffos las 1pt win ballydague 100/30 bet365 8 year old mare stepped up in distance last time out when finishing 4th of 7, that was on the back of recording back to back wins , and maybe her latest run came to quick for her,only a 2 day break,shes had a rest and back down in trip with ground that suits and the champ on board im hopeful she can win today

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 2.40 - Ayr - Redpender - 5/1 - BetVic BOG Redpender loves it here and has won 3 from 3 at this course. Won twice over C & D in November and then came unstuck at Wetherby last time out in a fairly competitive race. The winner of that race Saints And Sinners has since completed his hat-trick and is now rated 129 so obviously a decent sort. Hoping Redpender can keep up his unbeaten run at this course and 5/1 looks a good price.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday 2nd Jan 2015 2.30 Southwell Sleet should prove very hard to beat here today. Has almost been exclusively raced at this venue like several of these yards runners. Good return to action from a summer break on latest start behind revitalised winner. The form of that race has worked well with both the 3rd and 4th winning since. Yard going well at present and useful apprentice takes over today claiming a handy 5lb and should strip fitter for the run. 1pt win Sleet 7/4 bet365