** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

In it for the glory - No.2

waggy

After my disaster in my 1st ever thread I will redeem myself in this new one. £500 bank but this time with a 5% stake per bet. Bets will be on anything but football as my other thread is solely on that sport. All bets will be posted before 12.00. Aim is to just make a profit of at least double the present bank.

Re: IN IT FOR THE GLORY - No.2 1st bet of this new thread is £25 Highland Retreat in the 13.05 Huntingdon at the odds of 5/6 2nd last time out over 3m heavy ground. Now racing over 2.4 gd/sft. Mickie is the big danger now racing over the shorter distance.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Highland Retreat won. Profit was £20.83 In the bank £520.83 £26 Come Uppance 13.00 Lingfield at the odds of 2/1 Rather poor quality contest but the selection is down a grade. Made progress in the last race but couldn't reach leader over 5f but this extra furlong should suit. Little is the danger but I expect Egan to be stronger than Brock in a contest between two staying on horses.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Sorry cancel above posting - no football on this thread £24.70 Keel Haul 13.50 Uttoxeter at the odd of 11/4 Though this seems wide open according to the betting I can't see anything to beat the selection. 11/4 looks generous

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 2nd again with Keel Haul In the bank £470.13 £23.50 Kilgeel Hill 12.40 Leicester at the odds of evens A well touted horse and expected to go on to better things. Looks like a two horse race with Neville. take the evens

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Kilgeel won handily. Profit £23.50 In the bank £493.63 £24.50 Three Kingdoms 12.50 Newcastle at the odds of 4/7 Not a very inspired choice but at the taken price is, I think, good value. Beat a couple of good sorts last time out. Not keen on odds on but sometimes it has to be done if it looks like 'buying money'.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Kilgeel won as expected but finished up at 4/5 (I backed it at 4/7). One to look at next time out, looks a good horse. Profit £14 In the bank £507.63 £25.00 Golden Sparkle 12.55 Bangor at the odds of 7/4 Only four runners but not a race to put your shirt on. Carhue Princess looks a big danger off a low weight but is up in class and the selection is down in class. All the same almost 2st is a lot to give away in heavy ground but the 7/4 is too good to miss.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Golden Sparkle won but once again at better odds 5/2 (I took 7/4) a great price for what was the class horse in the field. Profit £43.75 In the bank £551.38 £27.50 No No Mac 14.30 Bangor at the odds of 13/8 I know I said selections before 12.00 but I must take the price on a horse that made me a bit of cash last year. In my eyes this is a 2 horse race with no no being the stand out horse on given form.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 No No came in a well beat 2nd. Lost £27.50 In the bank £523.88 £26 Echo Foxtrot 15.05 Bangor at the odds of 9/4 This is my final bet of the day and my best bet of the day. The only one that looks like a winner on recent form. The bookies could be giving us an early Christmas present with the 9/4 price.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 de Villiers scored 152 and was still not the highest scorer. Lost £31 In the bank £590.86 £29.50 Lochnagar 13.20 Exeter. Will take the 5/2 with Stan James as I think it will come in to about 7/4

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Toot Sweet won. Profit £63. Sorry about the price (finished up at 3-1jt). In the bank £623.36 £31 Geordan Murphy 16.15 Kempton at the odds of 11/10. The only worry I have about this is the price, it should be odds on. Bush Beauty is the danger I suppose with the low weight and with a apprentice on board. But come on this should be a canter. If the price goes out I shall be backing this again and again.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Geordan Murphy won, and at odds on. Profit £34.10 In the bank £657.46 £32.85 Pin Up 13.00 Southwell at the odds of 10/11 Hopefully 3rd time lucky for Pin Up after two second places. Just headed last time but now 1f shorter trip. Bit of a short price, could go out a bit but I don't think so.

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Well that was quick, Blackwood out to a dodgy catch just after I put the bet on. Lost £31 In the bank £593.61 £30 Double L'ami Serge 13.55 Ascot @ 5/4 and Rita's Boy 14.10 Southwell @ 15/8

Re: In it for the glory - No.2 Be Bop won. Won £25 In the bank £533.83 £26.69 Kyrenia Castle 13.40 Wolverhampton at the odds of 6/5. Finished 2nd over 5f two races ago then tried at 6f but never lasted the distance now back to 5f and proven on this track. The price of 6/5 may go out or may not, take your pick.