Monopoly or Duopoly time?

Bart(UK)

Seems that soon there will only be Amaya and possibly ipoker left? RIP freedom of choice. Ongame is as good as dead traffic wise and I don't see sufficient numbers on MPN to sustain existing skins for long or at stand alones such as PKR, Sky, Unibet etc. I guess it's inevitable that there will be an ill wind when the big fish buys up all of the baked beans. Paaaarp. Link to external Pokernews article.

Re: Monopoly or Duopoly time? I think there's always going to be some smaller sites - Sky seems to be as busy player wise as it was when I used to play there 5 years ago, no bigger no smaller. Even when this inevitable monopoly looms over all, some people will still prefer not to play within the amaya net. I can definitely see some sites disappearing in the coming months and years but I'm hoping on the whole things go full circle and the monopoly disappears up it's own bum leading to a mass fall out where lots of sites get a chance to grow again. I guess the majority of people who love poker will probably still want to play so maybe we'll see a bigger swell in people playing live if they get too narked off with the state of things online? Anyway that rotten bean smell is offending my now...I'm off!