An Aussies Melbourne Cup System

Gday punters With the Melbourne Cup coming up soon I thought id post my system for picking the winner and it is: On Cup Day, delete all horses 40/1 or longer. Delete all horses that have not had a run in the Caulfield Cup, or run since then. Only Vintage Crop has won in the last 30 years without this run..and he was a champion. Delete all horses that have run 8th 9th or worse in one of their last three runs, proving this was during the last three months. This will give you a number of horses to consider. From those remaining, you will be able to make your own deletions, based on your opinions, etc. Hope you get the winner... Cheers all...

Re: An Aussies Melbourne Cup System At present, my selection for the MC is Lucia Valentina, who ran a great 3rd to Admire Ratki in the Caulfield Cup. Admire Ratki in the blue with white sleeves can seen at the beginning of the tape 2nd widest on the turn, with Lucia Valentina in the green just behind him...Admire Ratki sprints clear in the straight, but Lucia Valentina reduces the margin to .9L. LV was always too far back to be a real chance... Admire Ratki has been penalised .5kg for its CC win, and this brings it up to 58.5K for the MC, a weight which has not been carried to victory in the MC since Think Big in the 1970s http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/admire-rakti-storms-to-2014-caulfield-cup-victory-for-japanese-connections/story-fnibcaa0-1227093834153

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.