Flat Racing - Sunday 19th October

A few at Bath for me tomorrow: 1.30 PRINCESS ICICLE @ 6/1 Skybet Ran well last time out on return from a break, and shoud strip fitter here. Adam Kirby takes the ride, which is eyecatching given his excellent record round Bath and the fact he has a good strike rate when teaming up with Jo Crowley. Looking back in her career, Princess Icicle has definitely shown she has the ability to win off a mark of 66, and natural improvement from her seasonal turf bow last time out should see her run close. 2 pts e/w 2.00 ELUSIVE ELLEN @ 11/1 Skybet Didn't show anything in Ireland, but ran well at Windsor last time on first run for Brendan Powell. She ran a rating of 72 that day, and the race isn't working out badly. That was also her seasonal debut, and I expect her to come on a lot for the run (she got distracted late on and hung too). Powell does well with the runners he brings to Bath, and again, Kirby on board is a big plus. 11/1 looks generous. 2 pts e/w 3.35 BOITE @ 12/1 Bet 365 A tough 2m hcap here, and I'm siding with Boite for the Chapple Hyamm yard. He's been competing at a higher level of late and this represents a much easier task than what he has been faced with. Stamina doubts, but that can be said for most of these, and I'm hoping his class sees him through. 1 pt e/w 4.10 MOUNT HOLLOW @ 33/1 Bet 365 Both Andrew Hollinshead and Jack Duern do well with their Bath runners, and Jack Duern taking 5 lbs off is a big positive for this gelding's chances. The rain softened ground will help here, as I think the 5 1/2f is a bit on the sharp side. However, there will be pace on and he's really well handicapped on his turf runs last year (ran ratings of 76-72-73 on his last 3 turf runs making a mark of 70 look workable). Not the most obvious bet, but at 33/1, he's worth a shot. 1 pt e/w