reasonably new to betting, bit of assistance please.

Hey folks new to the site and reasonably new to betting so please be nice lol. Hope everyone has had a profitable Saturday also. I was just hoping to share how I try to bet on football and see if anyone can point me in the right direction if they see any faults. I have tried various different things and followed different tipsters but never seem to make any gradual process and always end up throwing countless money into the account. However usually when Looking on a Saturday say I'll have 365 up with the match lists, soccerway and adamchoi for my stats. I'll start looking through the games, glancing at league table, looking at teams form, usually last 5 games and then checking home form and away form also. I then give the h2h a quick check and then decide my bet. Now i don't know if this is a good way or not but once I think I've found a few I'll make a few trebles or what not. Looking at stoke v Swansea tomorrow for example I could see myself Maybe backing Btts or a stoke win. This game may not be a good example but my abilities to hit a bet are awful so is my methods correct or is their anything I could be doing to help my constant loss lol. Anyhelp would be massively helpful and am looking forward to getting tucked into this forum. I had no idea something like this was around lol.

Re: reasonably new to betting, bit of assistance please. Hi, Spudley.... and :welcome to Punters Lounge. You have started this thread on the "Systems & Strategy Forum"..... so welcome to the world of the statistical "nerds". It looks as though you have the right approach - investigating the comparative form of teams based on data published on various websites. But, I think you need to back-test and adjust your theories over a prolonged period (say from 2002 to 2009) and then "live test" for 2010 to 2013. If it continues to have positive results over the live testing period, then you can have reasonable confidence in its sustainability. It takes a lot of work, and you have to be familiar with (at least) Excel..... that´s why we're all "nerds". You mentioned treble bets (accumulators). I think most people will agree that you should avoid this - it rarely works. Stick to singles. Good luck.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.