CPO's Horse Racing Thread

cpo

Have to admit my betting discipline has improved a heck of a lot in the last few months so I am going to start up a new betting thread for myself, where I will post all of my bets and thoughts on horse racing. I actually miss the old rules of having to put up some sort of reasoning for the BBOTD so all of my bets will come with my own thoughts. I have also found this season that the flat hasn't really done it for me and I am really looking forward to the jumps starting properly in the next few weeks. I will back horses from all codes including the all weather should I fancy something and I don't really have a preference as to what type of horse I back or what price it is. I do try and stick to better class racing and mainly handicaps or graded races. I will use the same betting bank for the full thread and will start with a bank of 200pts. Bets will be between 1-5pts and I try and stick to William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and Betfair. Most bets will be posted the night before with the odd exception. :loon First Bet! 8.45 Kempton - Mystical Sapphire 1pt EW @ 14/1 Bet365 Mystical Sapphire is the top weight here but she is clearly at home over this CD with 3 wins and a 3rd coming over CD from 4 runs. She was tried over a mile here a couple of runs ago but her effort seemed to flatten out suggesting a drop back to 7f would help. Returning to this track over 7f should bring about the best in her and I can see her outrunning her odds. She is still lightly raced with just 9 career runs and has shown a clear preference for racing on the all weather. Jo Crowley does well with her runners here and she shows a very healthy level stakes profit at the track. Fergus Sweeney is not a jockey I would get overly excited about but he can do a job and does team up with with this trainer. I am more hopeful than confident of this one but thought the horse was worth a bet at the odds in a race full of horses that continue to disappoint.

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread Great start......! 3.50 Wincanton - Hollow Penny 2pts win @ 5/1 Bet365 I think there's plenty to like about this ones chances in this. He has looked a much better horse since going over fences and was in the process of running a big race last time out before blundering when well positioned. This represents a drop in grade for the horse and he has also very kindly been dropped 2lbs by the handicapper. Tom Bellamy also takes off a further 5lbs so he does look to have every chance if he can cut out any jumping errors. He has no problems with quick ground and the Alan King yard are in fine form at the moment operating at a 46% strike rate. I am hopeful of a good run from Hollow Penny with the main dangers looking to be Al Alfa and Wiffy Chatsby. 3.45 Punchestown - Alechi Inois 3pts win @ EVENS Ladbrokes Surprisingly this race hasn't been won by Willie Mullins in recent years but that doesn't tell the full story, as he hasn't had many runners in this. This horse is unbeaten since switching to fences and he must have an excellent chance in this despite having to give weight to some potentially smart rivals. Willie Mullins has his string in fine form and there is every chance this horse can outclass his rivals tomorrow. 4.15 Punchestown - Roi Du Mee 2pts win @ 7/2 Bet365 Gordon Elliot usually starts the season in great form and he has done so again this year. He has actually won this race in the last 3 years, twice with Roi Du Mee. This horse looked a potential star over fences when winning in grade 1 company but he completely lost his way last year and it's a bit of a risk backing him for this. That being said if he can get back to his best then he would have an excellent chance of winning this. I have no doubts Gordon Elliot will have spot on to make it 3 wins in this race and with the stable going so well I will take my chances that he can take this.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.