Euros..exhange rates....Scottish vote...poker balances...

andybell666

Just wanting to get some views....I have a sizable balance in some of my accounts in Euros....with an impending slide of the £ due to the Scotland vote, do you think it is worth keeping the balance in Euro to later take advantage of the predicted move? Analysts are predicting a yes vote may lead to parity with the Euro -a gain of 25% approx. if I was to cash out after this slide....thoughts/views please.... Also, on Pokerstars you can choose which currency to hold your balance....which one is best looking ahead to the potential currency storms..? Dollars?? or is it all a storm in a teacup?

Re: Euros..exhange rates....Scottish vote...poker balances... I am not a financial advisor, but over the last 3 years the £ has been getting steadily stronger against the €, only by about 12c over the 3 years, so i wouldn't worry about that, and the same goes with the $. London is the finance capital of the UK, and with all foreign investment, i can't see much change, apart from me winning a few hundred quid @11/2, and 5/1 :)

Re: Euros..exhange rates....Scottish vote...poker balances... Fx works pretty much the same as the stock market. Its not the act of the vote itself that will change things but the uncertainty in the weeks leading up to and possibly after too. Markets hate uncertainty and this leads to a lot of volatility in prices. Sterling already a lot weaker with the possibility of a yes vote largely priced in. Assuming a no vote, prices should in theory start to head back to where they were or somewhere close to it, all other things being equal, but doesn't always. Depends on amount you have, your appetite of risk and of course timing. I personally always think longer term and its never a bad thing to spread risk by having a small holding of other currencies, but if you're getting a good price consider locking in a bit of profit. Just be aware of the wider bid/offer spread that usually goes hand in hand with volatility. Again I'm no expert, if significant amount of money involved might pay to get professional advice.