NBA Sunday

Detroit -7.5 League: 132-127-7 (Av. loss 7.9) away 5+ dog, 1 day off 10- ats loss as away 5+ dog. [Cleve] 5-13-2 (Av. loss 10.5) if opp off 15+ ats win. (0-3 season) 2-8-1 (Av. loss 14.4) if it was a home 15+ ats win. League: 56-51-2 (Av. win 8.3) home 5+ fav, 1 day off 15+ ats win as home 5+ fav. [Det] 12-6 (14-4 this no...Av. win 12.7) if opp off awway 10- ats loss. (3-0 season) The Cavs again allowed over 50% shooting v. Washington...over their last 7 they are allowing over 50% and over 40% 3's!! They are just 3-14 on the season away v. winning teams, and before winning @ Orlando, they had lost 13 of 14 on the road, all by more than 5 @ an av. of 11.4 ppg!! Add another loss @ Washington by 8 last game. Detroit 5-0 ats at home since Brown back, av win of 15.4! The Cavs simply can't compete on the road with strong teams...Detroit is one of the strongest going around.

Re: NBA Sunday Washington -12.5 League: 5-21-1 (av. loss 19.2) away 10+ dog, no rest off 10- ats loss as home (+3 to -3) [Charl] 2-8 (1-9 this no...Av. loss 21.6) if opp was last 5+ fav. 1-5 (0-6 this no...Av. loss 22.3) if opp won ats as 5+ fav. Hughes and Arenas are on fire for the Wizzards, and they should continue to put up points tonight. Washington won the last meeting @ home 106-87, Brezec played in that game and so did Okafor (who is doubtful tonight after re-injuring a corked thigh). Okafor has 18 and 11 in that game. It's the last home game for Washington (before the play-offs obviously!), and to keep them focussed, Coach Jordon got Magic Johnson to talk to the team today about how to close out the season. The Wizzards are back to full strength and still hold some hope of home court in the play-offs. Should be a blow-out.

Re: NBA Sunday Detroit over Cleveland (+7) @ 1.92 (www.multibet.com) Perhaps Detroit's starting 5 won't get a lot of minutes, but role players have shown us they can play as well. In the last game, when they ran all over the Bucks, Ronald Dupree scored career high 20 points and Carlos Delfino had eight assists. But Pistons are a defensive team, and even bench players know all the defensive schemes Larry Brown comes up with. That means LeBron will have a tough time trying to score tonight. Yes he is practically unstoppable, but slowing him down is something Pistons can do. And LeBron is a but dissapointed by his team, he's also showing some signs he might be sick of Cavaliers already. The only risk i see in this game lies in the fact we might see something similar to what happened against Orlando. First and second unit were great, but when Darko and his gang stepped on the floor, Magic cut down the lead Pistons had. Detroit won by 9, and the spread was 10.5. Something like that (Darko playing) might happen again tonight, but i expect the Cavaliers to give up by then. Key Factor: DEEEEEETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIT BAAAAAAAAASKEEEEEEEEEEETBAAAAAAAAAAAALL !!! (What else did you expect to read here?) TIPOFF TIME 19:00 CET !!! Utah over Portland @ 2.70 (www.multibet.com) I don't really think a preview can be written on a game played between JailBlazers and Jazz, so i'll just give you some interesting facts that suggest Utah will get a win here. 1. These two teams met on April 5th in Salt Lake City, Jazz won 90-79. 2. Blazers lost 10 of last 11, Utah won 3 of last 7, so you can clearly see which one of these two teams is less cold. 3. Portland is withous Randolph and Van Exel; Miles, Anderson, Ratliff and Telfair are doubtful. 4. Ruben Patterson played in last game only because Blazers had to have 8 eligible players. He previously said he doesn't want to play in Blazers' remaining games. 5. Blazers are 3-21 under Kevin Pritchard, 2-13 at home. 6. Stoudamire set an NBA record in last game, he had 21 3PT attempts. That wouldn't happen on a normal team. Key Factor: No matter how bad Utah is without 3 starters, there still are teams a lot worse than Jazz.

Re: NBA Sunday I looked at the Portland game too Sani, but here's something interesting.... In Portland's last 14 games, they have played only FOUR non-playoff teams!:... Golden State (who are playing aswell as anyone right now!) & lost by only 2 at home. New York, who they beat by 7. New Orleans, who they beat by 9. and, as you say, Utah. Utah are also just 2-10 ats as dog of 4.5 or less this season, so they don't like being in close ones! Good luck for sure!...and that is a sweet price, but just maybe Portland aren't as bad as they appear. I'm also playing Washington -7 first half.

Re: NBA Sunday I pride myself on making good bets. Never betting for the sake of it. But today i think i made a real dumb ass bet. Minny(-6.5) Against a full strenght Seattle team who now i think about it are a better team than Minny. This line should have been -4 maybe. I might still win but i'm an idiot. I really don't know what i was thinking. I think i was in some sort of weird trance.:unsure . PS Sani, i'll give you my thought on the Raptors when i've got a bit more time. It's not an open and shut case, they could go one of two ways.

Re: NBA Sunday The raptors. Theres not an easy answer to this question. They could go downhill or could start building for the future, it all depends on what they get in the next two drafts. One things for sure i don't think they'll make the playoffs next year. They will have a lottery pick based on their poor form this year and also have the option of two other first round picks picked up from Denver in the Carter trade.(these picks were both originally owned by other teams so its kind of complicated). Bottom line is they'll probably have 2 first rounds this year and 2 first rounders the year after as well. Both of this years picks should both be in the top 12, this at least gives them a chance of getting something back for Carter. GM Rob Babcock gets alot of stick for the Carter trade, but what people forget is that Carter forced him into the trade by basically refusing to give 100%. If he'd only have played at his current level for two months then the Raptors would've gotten a decent return for what is probably a top 10-15 NBA player. Babcock can't be blamed for this trade as this was the best he was going to get. People who critcise have to realise he was left with no option. Where he can be critcised is last years draft. Raps had the 8th pick and took Arujo. They were so determined to get a big man to protect Bosh that they took the first big man available. The problem is that he flat out can't play. If he can't play he doesn't get minutes and doesn't protect Bosh, so it was a waste of a good pick. They could've taken Iguodala who went 9th but passed him up. The reason he was passed up was because they matched the Hornets offer of 3 years 15 million for Mo Pete. I don't think anyone could believe it when they did this. He's OK but not an NBA starter and not a player who'll help you win anything long term. So theres another average player they've got locked in for another 2 years. Also Donyell Marshall has been great for the Raps, but is 100% certain to leave as a free agent. They had many offers at the trade deadline but decided to get nothing for him. Another lost opportunity for a team not making the playoffs anyway. Whilst Jalen Rose has played well this year his contract handcuffs the Raps. He's making about 20 mill next season. That eats up cap room. Only good news is i think it might be his last year(although he might have 1 more), so that'll come off the books and maybe they can get something for him at next years trade deadline. I thought the money they gave to Raefer Alston was a mistake. He's got all the moves but can't really shoot and plays very poor D. On top of this i think he's a very bad attitude and just doesn't seem like a winner. Bosh is the one genuine bright spot. And i think in 1-2 years time he could be a very bright spot. He really is going to be that good, and he's not bad now. He'll be a 22-24 point scorer, with 12 rebounds to go with it. And plays great D. His mentality seems different altogether, he's still a little quiet but you can see he wants to be a winner. He's still young and would still have been in college NEXT year. Babcock's made some bad decisions, but he could still save himself with good drafts the next two years. The Raptors always planned for 2006/07 the day they gave Carter up. The four first round picks they'll have the next two years will determine their future. I think Bosh will be great and with 2/3 new talented players from the next 2 drafts then the Raptors could turn out to be a pretty good team. If they get the drafts wrong they'll lose everything including Bosh, who probably won't resign after his third year if they're not going anywhere. Next year will be poor, but the next two years after that could see a steady improvement depending on the numerous first round picks they'll have. It's pretty sad to say but the Raptors are in the early stages of rebuliding and are about 1-2 years behind the Atlanta Hawks in this process. This might not be so bad though as although it might seem far fetched right now i think that in 2 years the Hawks will be one of the best teams in the east. Heres hoping for the Raptors.