The New One Antepost Champion Hurdle

I recently got 11/2 antepost on The New One and think this is great value.The way he finished the race last season was pure quality and with a clear run round surely will take all the beating.Followed up Cheltenham run with a good win in the Aintree Hurdle against the resurgent Rock on Ruby.There is no outstanding horse in the race that may not have entries in other Cheltenham races,besides maybe My Tent or Yours or are newcomers to the race.Sadly I think Hurricane Fly has now had his day and I think Jeski won last years race well but doesn't strike me as horse that can beat The New One mistake free or to repeat win a big race.

Re: The New One Antepost Champion Hurdle This looks a better anti-post bet with this race the clear target for connections.... http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/29535/familiar-path-waits-the-new-one If The New One lines up which he will bar injury this will be a good price. Looking at the latest betting JP McManus will probably only have one running from Jezki or My Tent Or Yours with the other going novice chasing. Mullins has 5 of the top 9 in the betting on oddschecker but likely to only run max of 2! Guessing game with Mullins and which horse he will target the race with! Odds will only get shorter for The New One but will probably still be available around the 3\1 mark on the day. Good price but value? Not for me at this stage, I did a lot of anti-post betting on Cheltenham for last years festival and learnt many lessons. For me you need to be getting a lot bigger odds anti-post to justify the risk/reward. Remember NRNB usually kicks in Late December/Early January for the big races and even though prices are cut at this stage, the risk factor is dramatically reduced and you can increase stakes to compensate for reduced odds. Personally would rather stake more money nearer the time at shorter odds than take a risk now! The market will change dramatically between now and March as injuries, change of targets and new contenders emerge. 11\2 is by the way no longer available.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.